Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
HP Recommended

Good morning,

HW: Elitebook 840 G1 with LT4112 4G WWAN

After new windows installation the device manager shows 4 entrys at other devices

- HP Mobile Connect - Application Interface
- HP Mobile Connect - GPS Interface
- HP Mobile Connect - Network Card
- HP Mobile Connect - PC UI Interface

I have tried this http://h20565.www2.hp.com/portal/site/hpsc/template.PAGE/public/psi/swdDetails/?sp4ts.oid=5405363&sp... and older versions without success.

Any ideas what to do?

Thanks a lot

kind regards

phil

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

Hi all,

thanks for your tipps.

I've found a solution:

Firtst download SP64407 - unzip the HPInstaller.exe

Go to device manager an add the missing driver in the subfolder HPInstaller\$[35] >> driver.zip

http://ftp.hp.com/pub/softpaq/sp64501-65000/sp64607.html

Next step install sp66243.exe oder newer.

nice weekend

View solution in original post

19 REPLIES 19
HP Recommended

I've encountered the same problem with LT4112 on a HP Folio 1040 G1 w/ Windows 8.1 X64, also full updated.

The problem originates with having issues connecting through the modem and getting "Limited Internet Access". Therefor we uninstalled the drivers to troubleshoot the modem, and now we can't get it back.  Everything works flawless on Windows 7 X64 - but not Windows 8.1 X64.

I've tried all the listed drivers on the HP support site, I've also tried the driver installation package from the original CD (HP Software Setup) that came shipped with the unit - nothing works. The correct driver will probably come back if I make a full recovery, but since I've installed a lot of custom software it's not my first choice.

Help would be appreciated.

HP Recommended

Finally, I found a solution (the solution on Windows 8.1 updated?).

HP LT4112 Gobi 4G is the branded name for Huawei ME906E

So I managed to find the drivers for Huawei ME906E - Version 4.25.23.04 and installed, boom:

Link to drivers: https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/984489/drivers.zip

LT4112

Connected correctly and I could finally surf the web through my "Gobi LT4112"... :smileyhappy:

EDIT: Forgot to mention that you have to go the Uknown drivers, click on update driver  Software , --> Browse my computer for driver software -- > and choose.

HP: You should probably update your listed driver for this module.

HP Recommended

Thanks a lot! It has helped a little.
In my case it helped me regain some devices but it still appears two unknown devices. 

But gives hope that someone has gotten some six hours before
It took months trying to make the device function properly, and every time surprised me with a new problem.

HP Recommended

Hi all,

thanks for your tipps.

I've found a solution:

Firtst download SP64407 - unzip the HPInstaller.exe

Go to device manager an add the missing driver in the subfolder HPInstaller\$[35] >> driver.zip

http://ftp.hp.com/pub/softpaq/sp64501-65000/sp64607.html

Next step install sp66243.exe oder newer.

nice weekend

HP Recommended

Hello,

it did not work with me  , i am not able to use the 4G broadbank , it was working before i update. can you please reply with the steps if you have a solution

Capture.JPG

HP Recommended

I got it solved , just go the Uknown drivers , click on update driver  Software , --> Browse my computer for driver software -- > and choose C:\Program Files (x86)\HP LTE Gobi 4G\Driver\Driver\X64  

HP Recommended
Forgot to mention this in my resolution above. It works the same way with the Huawei drivers i've attached as well if you don't have these drivers stored under Program Files.
HP Recommended

Are you able to put the ElitePad into Sleep mode with these drivers installed? I have a big problem getting the drivers work AND get the sleep feature to work at the same time.

The only time I've got it to work (WWAN+Sleep... and I hardly know how I did it) is when the gobi driver tells me that it's manufactured by Microsoft, and not MBB Incorporated. That's how it's delivered from HP out of the box. Managed to get it that way once, but don't remember how I did it. I think I tinkered with the COM-ports that appears after driver installation. Those COM-ports aren't there the looking at an OOTB machine.

HP Recommended

Good finding, ulflun from Sweden.

The Huawei driver in your link solved another problem in Win8.1. 

I've tried several solutions to get NMEA data on a COM-port for older GPS-mapping software. The Huawei-drivers solved the problem and NMEA-data is flowing from the COM-port.

I don't know why HP don't want to use this driver. HP's driver for the LT4112 doesn't include the COM-port for NMEA-data.

Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.