cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
ArchivedThis topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
1 0 0 0
Message 1 of 1
Flag Post

HP Laptop Cannot Boot Beyond HP Logo Screen.

HP Recommended
ProBook 4540s
Microsoft Windows 7 (64-bit)

Hi,

I recently installed HP ProtectTools and Drive Encryption Software.

I setup fingerprint, Smart Key, PIN and Windows Password security modules on the ProtectTools.

After I restarted the system, on the boot screen, I was given the options of either swipping the finger or entering the windows password. But I chose the fingerprint option.

So, I swiped 2 times without any effect. The system did halted.

I removed the battery and fixed it again to power on the system.

After Powre On, the system displays the HP Logo Screen and a message on the status as "Press the ESC key for Startup Menu".

This the where the system remains. I have pressed the ESC key and nothing happened.

I have also pressed other keys, like F8, F7, F10, F12, Delete, F2, Fn+F1 etc nothing is happening.

No respons from the system. No drive spin.

I inserted a Windows 7 Installation DVD, no drive detection at all. The system is locked.

Please take note, that I am running dual OS (Kali Linux and Windows 7 64bit).

Usually, the system uses Kali Linux Boot Manager to present options of which OS to run.

But the system cannot even get pass the HP Logo Screen so as to bring the Linux Boot Manager.

Please I will be very indepted to any assistance you could offer.

Thank you.

0 Kudos
ArchivedThis topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation