Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
HP Recommended

To whom it may concern:

I hear that Lenovo has a program called "Energy Management" and one of its functions is dust cleanup. It maxes the fans out for a few seconds then slows them down and maxes them out again and repeats that for some time. I think this would be really benifical for HP to add to its HP Support Assistant or Advisor (or both) software. Blowing compressed air really fast thru the computer seems to work, so what the difference with the fan blowing air really hard. If you run it regulary, it would be able to free up small bits of dust and blow them out before the fans become to clogged to clean without dismantling the computer. If anyone knows of any ways to do this without HP software, while HP makes this (which i know they wont because they don't see the benifits), please let me know. 

Pros:

-------

1. Cleans up and removes dust

2. Allows a user to perform maintenance with software that once required manual hard work

3. Easy for anyone to do (even with little computer experience)

Cons:

-------

1. Can't think of any cons

Please take time to consider this HP and people and please reply what you think. It would be much simpler than taking apart your computer, and would mkae your computer last possibly much longer. Please don't delete this tread, keep it alive. I, hopefuly we, want HP to make this change.

Thanks for your consideration,

Alex

--------------------
Please Click "Kudos" to show your appreciation for me.

If this answer worked, please mark this reply as an answer.
4 REPLIES 4
HP Recommended

compress air is the simplest way to clean your pc of dust and some times those dust are stubborn to remove and carefully handling the fan on such as cpu be very very careful with that

and regular compress air cleaning goes a long way preserving your pc and also reduces heat strain on the components

Please provide Kudos to whom has provided answers or
good points or advice..
Aslo if the questions or issues solved please check it
"Accepted"
Thanks and you are welcome _____ Rick
HP Recommended

I would bet the Lenovo software runs the fan in reverse when cleaning.

HP Recommended

Well Lenovo is smarter anyway. They don't put the fan intakes on the bottom of the "laptop".  Apple uses the same intelligence to avoid overheating and the lawnmower effect. Then again my Envy X2 is fanless which is the best solution.

HP Recommended
I have not experienced any hp/compaq laptops with thought out proper cooling. However, both lenovo and apple build high power laptops that go for hours at full blast without overheating. I prefer not to use laptops at all for heavy lifting and will never buy a fan equipped one again. I'm not a gamer but do a lot of video editing. For that I have a quad core desktop with a 384 core transcoding video card and ssd drives.
Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.