cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Note on archived topics.

This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant.
If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
pvenkiraju
1 0 0 0
Message 1 of 3
Flag Post
HP Recommended

HP Laptop Pavilion dv7 power plug is not functioning no light

Go pavilion dv7
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)
We connected power adapter but no light no signal nothing functioning, please suggest me how to resolve.
0 Kudos
2 REPLIES 2
Retired
Retired
2,840 2,755 184 359
Message 2 of 3
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Hi there @pvenkiraju

Thank you for joining in on the HP Support Forums and Welcome! This is a great place to ask questions, find solutions and get help from HP and the community! Based on the description you provided, I understand that the power adapter is not functioning and the Notebook is not powering on. 

Please make sure that the AC adapter cable is not plugged into a power strip, surge protector, or secondary power source. It should be directly into a wall outlet. 

If you remove the notebook battery, plug the AC power cable back into the notebook, then turn it on, does it power the Notebook?

Does the battery indicator LED  blink?

There are two documents that have some great steps for you to use. Please follow the steps in both the Battery Does Not Power Notebook or Hold a Charge and Using and Testing the AC Power Adapter to find out where the problem is originally occurring from. 

Here is a link to the HP Support Assistant if you need it. Just download and run the application and it will help with the software and drivers on your system that need updating.

Did this reply resolve your issue or answer your question? If yes, then please share the good news! Let others know this reply was helpful by clicking the Accept as Solution button. You can also show your appreciation by clicking the Thumbs Up.

If you require further assistance, I would be more than happy to continue to help you. Please just re-post with the results of the troubleshooting and include your Model Number (How Do I Find My Model Number or Product Number?). 

Thank you!

Have a great day! Smiley Happy

EmeraldAvenger
I work on behalf of HP

Please click “Accept as Solution ” on the post that solves your issue to help others find the solution.
Click the Thumbs Up on the left to say “Thanks” for helping!
0 Kudos
HankC918
Level 2
13 10 1 2
Message 3 of 3
Flag Post
HP Recommended

To make sure your battery is charging, mouse over the icons in the lower-right corner of the screen.

One of them will show the battery status, whether it is at xx% or "charging".

Sometimes, I have to wiggle the charger plug where it plugs into the laptop because it does not always make a good connection.

HankC

0 Kudos

Note on archived topics.

This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant.
If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation