Hello. This is the second HP laptop I have and the last one. Same issue as the first one. Keeps freezing. Mouse doesn't work (touch pad) and I have to keep rebooting. The fan is blowing harder than normal and I can feel that the computer is getting hot. This only happens when it's hot but it seems to me that it is a fan problem. I am so done with HP. Seems a lot of people are having this problem. Goodbye HP hello Asus or someone else...
The following list describes some of the issues caused by overheating in the notebook:
* Games stop responding during play.
* Windows stops responding during use.
* Fans inside the notebook become louder because they are spinning faster as the laptop gets hot, to remove the heat.
* When starting the laptop, it sometimes stops at a black screen and does not open into Windows. Windows usually stop responding when it does open.
The following list describes some causes of excessive heat:
* Dust inside the laptop.
* A new component, such as a hard drive, is added. The extra component causes the power supply to work harder and generate more heat. Extra heat also radiates off the new component and adds to the temperature inside the case.
* Over time, some cooling fans might slow down and wear out, as the laptop is getting hot, depending on the usage of the laptop.