cancel

Note on archived topics.

This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant.
If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
skalyan_007 Honor Student
Honor Student
2 1 0 0
Message 1 of 4
Flag Post
HP Recommended

HP Laptop not turning on

G6-2005Ax
Microsoft Windows 7 (64-bit)

My laptop is not turning on on battery or AC power. While its connected to the AC power the red light does not turn on, hence laptop is not getting power. However, I have tested that the power adapter is working. My battery is not working but when I use another fully changed battery, the laptop turns on and works fine.

I went to a HP service centre and the technician tells that there is a problem with motherboard which has to be changed. But how come the laptop is working with battery if the motherboard is not working ?

Also the technician tells that if he changes the motherboard, he will not give me my old motherboard as its against HP company policy. Is it true ?

Thanks for clarifying my queries.

Thanks

Kalyan

0 Kudos
3 REPLIES 3
Retired
Retired
16542 16275 953 2192
Message 2 of 4
Flag Post
HP Recommended

HP Laptop not turning on

Hey @skalyan_007,

Thank you for visiting the HP Forums

I understand you are having concerns with replacing products on your HP Pavilion g6-2005ax Notebook. If you are paying for the New Motherboard your old Motherboard belongs to you. If your Notebook turns on and works with a different battery that tells me it is the battery, not the Motherboard. 

I would contact HP and confirm with them the local rules and regulations in your area.

Please click the Thumbs up and Accept as Solution if you feel this post has helped you.  

Thanks.

Please click “Accept as Solution ” if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others find the solution.
Click the “Kudos, Thumbs Up" on the bottom left to say “Thanks” for helping.:smileyhappy:

I work on behalf of HP
skalyan_007 Honor Student
Honor Student
2 1 0 0
Message 3 of 4
Flag Post
HP Recommended

HP Laptop not turning on

Thanks @mrsrenter for your reply. The problem is that my laptop is not turning on from AC power too. What might be the reason for that.

Looking forward to your response.
0 Kudos
Retired
Retired
16542 16275 953 2192
Message 4 of 4
Flag Post
HP Recommended

HP Laptop not turning on

Hi @skalyan_007,

It very well could be the connection to the Motherboard. Have you tried a different power AC Adapter?

Please let me know.

Thanks.

Please click “Accept as Solution ” if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others find the solution.
Click the “Kudos, Thumbs Up" on the bottom left to say “Thanks” for helping.:smileyhappy:

I work on behalf of HP
0 Kudos

Note on archived topics.

This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant.
If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation