Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
HP Recommended
HP MINI 5103
Other

Hello I recently got a used HP Mini 5103  but there seemes to be an ADMINS. and another account that both require a PASSWORD in order to log in. How can I access to the main screen and/or delete both previous accounts and reboot the whole computer? What can I do in order to be able to use it? Thanks in advance!!!

2 REPLIES 2
HP Recommended

Hello @JESS3102

Welcome to the HP Support forum. Thank you for posting.

Since you got a used PC (second hand PC), it is recommended that you:

format the HDD

and

reinstall the operating system

This is recommended basically for security reasons because you never know for you what you may have hidden currently running on the PC. Additionally, fresh clean installation of operating system will give you new fresh clean start.

If the PC originally came with Windows preinstalled, you may use original HP Recovery media for Win 7 for your PC model >> can be purchased from here >> http://www.computersurgeons.com/p-19242-recovery-kit-xb049av-for-hp-mini-model-number-5103-notebook-...

You need to find a way to boot from the recovery media and reinstall Windows. If the PC does not have a DVD reader, you may need to use external USB DVD device.

Alternatively, you want use non-Windows operating system [e.g. Linux-based - Ubuntu, Linux Mint] or you may use another way to reinstall Windows.  Do you have COA sticker attached to the PC (usually at the bottom) ?

Your FEEDBACK is important. Use the interactive buttons below and let me know if the post helps ;
*** HP employee *** I express personal opinion only *** Joined the Community in 2013
HP Recommended
Thank you for your answer I will check into that!!
Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.