cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Note on archived topics.

This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant.
If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
ICTSupportEssx Student
Student
1 0 0 0
Message 1 of 2
Flag Post
HP Recommended

HP Mini WIFI driver

HP Mini
Microsoft Windows 7 (32-bit)

I got a HP Mini running windows 7 starter, in order to connect to the internal newtork we needed to upgrade to Windows 7 proffesional 32 bit. this worked fine except that the wifi driver was missing which is normal in VLSC instatlion of windows and normaly this can be fixed by downloading the driver from the manufacters website. 

After downloading the driver that was suggested as well as many others it still did not show the wifi bars but only the ethernet symbol with a cross showing no internte connection at all. 

I then connected a 3g dongle and went into the device manager and the wifi driver was shown as other so right clicked and clicked scan for hardware changes and this then dowloaded a wifi driver but said it was unable to dowload ethernet driver. 

it now shows the wifi bars symbol with a cross to show no avalbale networks but there is 11 diffrent wifi connection in the area within range including a open bt wifi hotspot and it will not recognise any of them. 

I then tried a wirless wifi adaper which works fine on many dekstops that i have used it on but when i pluged it into the laptop it said driver instaltion failed. 

I have ordered another wifi adapeter just incase but i suspect it will do the same thing as the adapeter definetly works

any advice as to how to get wifi on this machine is much needed. - I also only have 3 days to activate windows and this needes internet to do so and i do not really want to use the dongle if it can be helped. However the laptop is useless without wifi. 

The laptop was given to us as a old laptop that was no longer used and is well out of HP customer support warrenty. 

if anyone has any drivers that they think can help please email them to me at info@ictsupport-essex.co.uk 

0 Kudos
1 REPLY 1
Associate Dean
Associate Dean
12,390 11,182 436 813
Message 2 of 2
Flag Post
HP Recommended

HP Mini WIFI driver

What is your P/N?

How Do I Find My Model Number or Product Number?

-------- Looking for HP driver support When Windows 10 O/S isn't Supported ------
Windows 10 drivers may be available through Windows Update

Click 'Learn More' below for steps on using Windows Update to determine what drivers might be available for your product. Please be aware that HP does not guarantee Windows 10 drivers will be available from Windows Update.
Learn more
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------- This is a HP USER community forum.
-----------------------------------------------------------------
BTW, Millions of folks have gone back from Win10 to their prior O/S -- something you don't hear about from MS. by WAWood but ALL to TRUE
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------- Those that want HD Gaming should plan to invest in a Gaming Laptop to handle those requirements. Eamples GTA V or Crysis 3.
0 Kudos

Note on archived topics.

This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant.
If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation