Note on archived topics.

This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant.
If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
jakeyiii Honor Student
Honor Student
4 0 0
Message 1 of 4
Flag Post
HP Recommended

HP Notebook - 14-ac107na (ENERGY STAR)

Microsoft Windows 10 (32-bit)

hello

today i purchased this product from the shop, and its really slow for the £200 i paid for it.

when i load pages it "Stops responding" when downloading 1 thing it crashes. 2GB ram, i was wondering if im able to upgrade my ram and graphics??

http://support.hp.com/ca-en/document/c04853703

i cant use the HP self check tool as it doesnt work.

0 Kudos
3 REPLIES
Provost Provost
Provost
36994 5578 9620
Message 2 of 4
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Can you take it back? If you can, run don't walk and beg them to give you your money back and buy a computer with a real processor and a decent amount of memory, and some storage. That laptop has the Celeron N3050 and 2 gigs of non-upgradeable RAM, and a puny 32 gig hard drive which also cannot be upgraded, which is just rubbish. I mean it is $265US which will not buy a decent cell phone. It is a dirty secret and not popular to hear but the computer market is a race to the bottom; everybody trying to sell computers as cheap as possible and to do so corners must be cut and that computer is a circle. No corners at all. 

0 Kudos
jakeyiii Honor Student
Honor Student
4 0 0
Message 3 of 4
Flag Post
HP Recommended

yes. they did say i can return it i did only purchase it like 3 hours back. i will take it back and get another laptop because this one is like paper so light, but not upgradable so it doesnt suit my needs.

0 Kudos
Provost Provost
Provost
36994 5578 9620
Message 4 of 4
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Good call. Don't blame HP. I mean, it is what it is and may be enough for some people but try to get a laptop with at least an i3 processor, 4 gigs RAM and a 500 gig hard drive. You will be much happier with it and it will be useful so much longer it is actually a better buy. 

0 Kudos

Note on archived topics.

This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant.
If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation