Note on archived topics.

This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant.
If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
kevmon Student
Student
1 0 0
Message 1 of 2
Flag Post
HP Recommended

HP Notebook - 15-af131dx (ENERGY STAR) memory max

HP Notebook - 15-af131dx (ENER
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

I have seen many answers to this question. Can my notebook be upgraded to 16G memory.

crucial.com offers it but i  have seen posts that say only 8G

HP Notebook - 15-af131dx  win 10 64b  AMD Quad-Core A6-5200

0 Kudos
1 REPLY
Provost Provost
Provost
37081 5596 9647
Message 2 of 2
Flag Post
HP Recommended

HP Notebook - 15-af131dx (ENERGY STAR) memory max

Here is the Manual:

Manual

The Manual does not say it specifically, but it will take 2 x 8 gigs for 16 gigs total. Trouble is, the memory is not "customer accessible" and is modestly difficult to get at. You will put the warranty in jeopardy but it can be done.

This will help:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NQ-uCiomeYQ

If this is "the Answer" please click "Accept as Solution" to help others find it. 

The HP 15 af131dx has one open RAM slot. Contrary to what people say that there is only one, or the laptop is not able to be upgraded it is, due to the disassembly procedure it is not considered "customer upgradeable". There is an open ram slot and you can add an additional 4GB for a max of 8GB ...

Note on archived topics.

This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant.
If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation