Note on archived topics.

This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant.
If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
Rock12471247 Student
Student
1 0 0
Message 1 of 2
Flag Post
HP Recommended

HP Notebook - 15-f272wm (ENERGY STAR) Usb mouse problem

HP Notebook - 15-f272wm (ENERG
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

Hello, i own a HP Notebook - 15-f272wm (ENERGY STAR) and i was gaming on august 20, 2016 and my mouse stopped working for some reason. i tried everything uninstalling reinstalling drivers, getting a new mouse, and even fully wiping

all of my laptops data/reset, and the problem still there, at first i was using the usb port on the right but that stopped working so i used the ones on the left. im starting to think that its a driver problem or a hardware problem. the usb ports to the left can still charge my devices and when i plug in the mouse it lights up but the cursor wont move at all. every time i bought a mouse it wouldnt work. and my laptop wouldnt sense the mouse either. Please help

0 Kudos
1 REPLY
HP Support Agent
HP Support Agent
16982 1118 1810
Message 2 of 2
Flag Post
HP Recommended

HP Notebook - 15-f272wm (ENERGY STAR) Usb mouse problem

Hi @Rock12471247,

Welcome to the HP Support Forums. It is a great place to find the help you need, from other users, HP experts, and other support personnel. I understand you are having an issue with the mouse where you have tried uninstalling and reinstalling the drivers, tried with a new mouse, also performing a system reset even then the problem persists. 

This seems to be a hardware failure, so I would recommend you contact our HP Phone Support for available service options, please go to the product page (Enter the product name/number) and select "Get help from HP" - You may also call HP support in your region, using this link.

Let me know if you encounter any difficulties contacting HP.

Regards,

Jeet_Singh
I am an HP Employee

0 Kudos

Note on archived topics.

This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant.
If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation