cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Note on archived topics.

This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant.
If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
ipred
2 1 0 0
Message 1 of 4
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Solved!

HP Notebook - 15-r124nv: Ram slots and maximum RAM?

HP Notebook - 15-r124nv
Windows 8.1

Hi,

as i cannot find a manual for my HP Notebook - 15-r124nv, i would like to know the following :

1) Does my laptop have 1 or 2 slots for RAM ?

2)If it has 1 slot, can i buy 1x16GB module or the motherboard cannot handle it?

3)If it has 2 slots, can i have 2x8GB modules?

4)If it has 2 slots, does it support dual channel?

0 Kudos
3 REPLIES 3
Level 19
Level 19
78,229 78,129 9,626 20,806
Message 2 of 4
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Solved!

Hi,

Please use the product homepage:

http://h10025.www1.hp.com/ewfrf/wc/product?cc=gr&dlc=en&lc=en&product=7523723

Looks like it has one slot with 8Gb. You can't upgrade to 16Gb. You can find all manuals under User Guides tab.

Regards.

BH
**Click the KUDOS thumb up on the left to say 'Thanks'**
Make it easier for other people to find solutions by marking a Reply 'Accept as Solution' if it solves your problem.
ipred
2 1 0 0
Message 3 of 4
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Solved!

Thank you for your quick answer. :generic:

The manual refers to many models of 15 series in general. I guess i must open the laptop and see how many slots it has. As i understand, if it has 2 slots it can take 2x8GB maximum. If it has 1 slot it can take 1x8GB maximum. So the maximum capacity per slot is 8GB.

0 Kudos
Level 19
Level 19
78,229 78,129 9,626 20,806
Message 4 of 4
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Solved!

Hi,

Yes, the maximum for each slot is 8Gb.

Regards.

BH
**Click the KUDOS thumb up on the left to say 'Thanks'**
Make it easier for other people to find solutions by marking a Reply 'Accept as Solution' if it solves your problem.

Note on archived topics.

This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant.
If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation