Note on archived topics.

This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant.
If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
Linah Tutor
Tutor
20 0 1
Message 1 of 2
Flag Post
HP Recommended

HP Notebook Pavilion DV4-2045DX Issue: the BIOS Is Corrupted

HP Notebook Pavilion DV4-2045D
Microsoft Windows 7 (64-bit)

Folk,

Hello. I am using Laptop HP Pavilion DV4-2045DX whose OS is Windows 7. The machine runs correctly for quite a few years.

While I am working, the light on the machine become "Red". The screen becomes "Black".

I press any key, nothing happens ! The machine is "Dead" !
I press the power button, but the machine cannot turn off !
I have to take off battery to power off the machine !

I press the power button again, the light on the machine is "Red" ! The 2 keys "Cap Lock" and "Num Lock" have "White Light" flashing on and off constantly. The screen is black and cannot boot up Windows 7. I press any key but nothing happens. I have to remove battery to power off the machine again.

According to the document http://support.hp.com/us-en/document/c02693833 , this error dues to the BIOS in my Laptop is corrupted. There are 2 options in the document to cure the error as below:

1) Use a Key Press Combo - Press Windows Key and B Key at the same time. I have tried this way for many times but it's not working for my laptop.

2) Use an external storage device USB drive. I download the BIOS files in the link below:

http://support.hp.com/us-en/drivers/selfservice/HP-Pavilion-dv4-2000-Entertainment-Notebook-pc-serie...

I have downloaded 3 versions of BIOS files: F18, F17 and F15.

In another laptop Windows 10, I run F18 sp49543.exe and save the files into USB drive, the message below comes up:

" Insyde Flash cannot load the driver. Please close all applications. If you are running this Utility in Vista, please run as administrator. "

I also run F17 sp46845.exe and F15 sp46588.exe, the same error message comes up. Create recovery USB flash drive cannot be done.

My question is:

Because Key Press Combo is not working for my laptop. I need to use USB recovery drive.

How to solve the above issue "Insyde Flash cannot load the driver" ?

Do we need to create USB recovery drive in Windows 7 and cannot do it in Windows 10 ?

Thanks in advance.

0 Kudos
1 REPLY
HP Support Agent
HP Support Agent
16935 1112 1805
Message 2 of 2
Flag Post
HP Recommended

HP Notebook Pavilion DV4-2045DX Issue: the BIOS Is Corrupted

Hi @Linah,

Welcome to the HP Support Forums. It is a great place to find the help you need, from other users, HP experts, and other support personnel. Thank you for posting your query, I'll be more than glad to help you out.

As I understand the computer doesn't boot back into the windows since the last attempt on updating/Flashing the BIOS.

I did a bit of research and found that this error is definitely related to bios. 

Are you trying to run the file on another computer which is running Windows 10? By doing so the other computer would also be corrupted.

I would suggest you copy and paste the files onto the USB Flash drive and then run it during the startup.

For more details, please visit this link.

Step 1: Verify the current BIOS version installed and the correct ROM Family SSID for your PC

Step 2: Find the BIOS updates

Step 3: Download and install the BIOS update

For more details: Click here

I hope this helps. Let me know if you require any further assistance.

If you are able to reach some resolution, please click on Accept Solution to help others with similar issues.
If you appreciate my assistance, please click on the thumbs up icon.
Both icons are below this post.

Regards,

Jeet_Singh
I am an HP Employee

0 Kudos

Note on archived topics.

This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant.
If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation