cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
ArchivedThis topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
lthpuser
Level 2
26 9 0 5
Message 1 of 6
Flag Post

Solved!

HP Online Warranty Dispute Form Not Available

HP Recommended
H711n - HPOJ 6700 Premium eAIO
Microsoft Windows 7 (64-bit)

This morning I tried to use the HP Online Warranty Dispute Form only to get the error message after completing and submitting it, "HP WARRANTY DISPUTE FORM IS NOT AVAILABLE AT THIS TIME

Since my purchase of this HP OfficeJet 6700 Premium eAIO (product H711n product # CN583A
options B1H) there have been problems with my warranty data integrity caused perhaps by the fact there was one serial number shown on the exterior carton or box label and another displayed on the product itself  - familiar with using the box/carton label data I used the incorrect s/n printed there.

Initially the warranty displayed said my warranty expired the date of purchase; currently it shows warranty expired 26 days after I purchased the printer eAIO;

Shortly after purchase I worked with HP support resolving some outstanding issues regarding compatible formats on the USB flash drive which can be plugged into the device:

• For this work I was given extended warranty CA 000003386044-0001 per "Christina" AT HP SUPPORT, FAX NUMBER 1-800-563-6319;
  • A complete manual, was also provided, for the printer, instead of the abbreviated user's manual provided in the carton with the printer;
  • there is an ongoing problem retrieving the correct warranty status on this product

Since my purchase of this HP OfficeJet 6700 Premium eAIO (product H711n product # CN583A
options B1H) there have been problems with my warranty data integrity caused perhaps by the fact there was one serial number shown on the exterior carton or box label and another displayed on the product itself  - familiar with using the box/carton label data I used the incorrect s/n printed there.

Initially the warranty displayed said my warranty expired the date of purchase; currently it shows warranty expired 26 days after I purchased the printer eAIO;  each time it seems HP has to do something to reconnect the exteneded warranty for this product with the product registration.

1. Only this morning, used to having to dispute that the warranty expired the day I bought the printer, or just 26 days later,
  2. I get the error message I cannot dispute the matter because the warranty dispute form is not available --
  3. If the form is not available what  were the fields I was providing data for?
  4. How about a notice before completing the dispute process if it cannot be filed?
  5. Also how about an estimate of when to check back, or even better that HP will contact attempted dispute filers from the un- or non-submitted data in their unaccepted forms?
  6. Most critically I was just asking HP SUPPORT for help in signing up for ''INSTANT INK" -- why was I put through this rigamarole?

Is there an emoticon showing gritted teeth cracking from the pressure of gritting them?

That's what would be here.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
george-p
Retired
Retired
15,312 9,242 123 369
Message 2 of 6
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Hi @lthpuser ,

I have brought your issue to the attention of an appropriate team within HP. They will likely request information from you in order to look up your case details or product serial number. Please look for a private message from an identified HP contact. Additionally, keep in mind not to publically post ( serial numbers and case details).

If you are unfamiliar with how the Forum's private message capability works, you can learn about that here.

Regards,
George

I work for HP

View solution in original post

Was this reply helpful? Yes No
5 REPLIES 5
george-p
Retired
Retired
15,312 9,242 123 369
Message 2 of 6
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Hi @lthpuser ,

I have brought your issue to the attention of an appropriate team within HP. They will likely request information from you in order to look up your case details or product serial number. Please look for a private message from an identified HP contact. Additionally, keep in mind not to publically post ( serial numbers and case details).

If you are unfamiliar with how the Forum's private message capability works, you can learn about that here.

Regards,
George

I work for HP

View solution in original post

lthpuser
Author
Level 2
26 9 0 5
Message 3 of 6
Flag Post
HP Recommended

George,

While what you say make complete sense, i.e. do not disclose model, serial number, etc. there has been so much confusion, and for the first time since purchase the online dispute form was not available, I did not know how else to proceed:

1.  The first s/n from outside of carton was different than s/n on the actual printer, something I've never had happen before; since I registered with the "incorrect external carton s/n and it was not until HP technical support tried to link the extended support/extended warranty (sorry I am no longer sure of the correct description) that we became aware of the "two s/n discrepancy" issue after resolving the issue of which formats the USB socket was able to read compared to what it was designed to read -- it could read NTSF, but it didn't like it too which was surprising to me since FAT/FAT32 formats were something I associated with Win98se or at least a much earlier flavor of Windows.

1.a. Is there anyway to check the existing database of products for the record on this H711n to see how the s/n discrepancy is recorded as being resolved?

2.  My display screen always shows a secure HP page for HP community forums; and there is a prominent notice about being a secure login: if this isn't the case perhaps those declarations should be removed, or at least a caution similar to what you shared with me would be in order?

lthpuser
Author
Level 2
26 9 0 5
Message 4 of 6
Flag Post
HP Recommended

1.  First HP Rewards began to fail - reported this first, second thid time - received response HP Rewards has no traction; asked where/whom to contact; reentered inquiry to directed locus - received canned text containing all of the actions I had tried , unsuccessfully, before i contact hp support; still no response from directed reapplication of "failed rewards" last three cartridges.

2. Now have begun to receive error message,  "Scan to computer is no longer acctive" maybe 4-6 hours after starting computer and printer = H711n or HP OJ Premium 6700 eAIO which is really funny because "Scan to Computer" has never worked  have to scan to the USB drive on the printer itself and carry the drive over to computer, connecting and transferring files in that "old school" manner which was never go to have to be done with my H711n's advanced features.

3.Can print wirelessly, but cannot establish VPN by wizard or manually; wireless printing is faster than via USB cable.

4.  What is the right method for computer to see the 256 KB FAT32 USB drive attached to H711n, as well as the other USB drives connected to 2nd older DELL PC connected via USB?

5.  What is the problem that a login button does not appear on first page, www.hp.com?  And when I ask search I get 149080 replies on 1491 pages - none of which deal with issue.  Only "workaround" is & close the HP site 2,3,4, or however many times you need to hit "F5" 

6. previous query about the missing form to dispute things has never been answered either.

lthpuser
Author
Level 2
26 9 0 5
Message 5 of 6
Flag Post
HP Recommended

THE HP OFFICEJET 6700 PREMIUM eAIO (h711n) CONTAINS A FAX.

USING THE SCANNER FLAT GLASS A SINGLE PAGE FAX CAN BE SENT DIALING MANUALLY

NEITER HP NOR WINDOWS 7 64-BIT SCAN AND FAX ALTERNATIVE S/W WORKS

PREVIOUS PC HAD INTERNAL FAX AS WELL AS THIS PRINTER ATTACHED SO I COULD SEND AND RECEIVE FAXES THAT WAY.

HP H711n HAS REPEATEDLY PASSED THE FAX TEST WITH NO ISSUES

THE HP ASSISTANT (?)  DOES NOT DOWNLOAD - NOT SURE IF ALL UPDATES ARE INSTALLED (ARRIVE VIA NETWORK/INTERNET TO PRINTER - CONNECTION IS UP AND RUNNING - CANNOT VERIFY ALL DRIVERS ARE UP TO DATE WITHOUT HP ASSISTANT, NO OTHER OPTIONS OFFERRED TO ME, OR FOUND BY MYSELF.

SUGGESTIONS, THOUGHTS, PATCHES, TROUBLE-SHOOTING TO TRY -- ALL APPRECIATED.

lthpuser
Author
Level 2
26 9 0 5
Message 6 of 6
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Microsoft posted this (http://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_7-hardware/windows-fax-and-scan-wont-connec... their fax and scan in Windows is only for an old school modem modem, NOT an AIO or an eAIO

In that post Microsoft specifically states a fax driver/fax and scan driver must be provided the the AIO manufacturer as the Microsoft Windows s/w cannot work with an AIO or eAIO.

So where is the driver required, and why can I not find it be searching HP site, or the internet -- after nearly five years from original query re Windows 7?

Why hasn't HP update or support assistant identified the lack and pointed to it.

The HP OJ 6700 Premium eAIO does have an ADF, but why if the document exists on finished form on my computer can't I just click the HP or the Windows version of fax&scan -- my screen capture utility can do it?

Frustrated and stunned,

ArchivedThis topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation