cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Note on archived topics.

This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant.
If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
Highlighted
Harshal_satpute
1 0 0 1
Message 1 of 3
Flag Post
HP Recommended

HP PAVILION 15 - P045TX shuts down unexpectedly

HP PAVILION 15 - P045TX
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

i m using HP PAVILION 15 - P045TX , it SHUTS DOWN UNEXPECTEDLY even if it is partially or fully charged. 

What to do please help..

2 REPLIES 2
HP Support Agent
HP Support Agent
12,360 12,338 1,165 2,404
Message 2 of 3
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Hi @Harshal_satpute,

Thank you for visiting the HP Support Forums and Welcome. It is a great site for information and questions.  I read your post about the unit shutting down even when the battery is fully charged. It will be a genuine pleasure to assist you.

I would require more information regarding this to assist you better.

• What happens when the adapter is plugged in?
  • Does the computer shut down even then?
  • Is the computer shutting down randomly only with battery and no charger connected?

Please try a few steps to correct the situation.

Please do a hard reset. steps:

• Power down the computer and unplug the charger. Then remove the battery only if it is a removable one.
  • Hold down the power button of the unit for 15 seconds to discharge static electrical charges inside the machine.
  • Replace the battery and reconnect the charger.

Please run diagnostics on the computer by visiting this link: http://support.hp.com/in-en/document/c03467259 Please perform all the system diagnostics and especially the one on the battery. There is a video that shows you how to do it. Please make a note of any failure code. Please follow the option “Opening the HP PC Hardware Diagnostics (UEFI)” from the above link.

Once that is done, Please visit this link to calibrate, the battery and test it.: http://support.hp.com/us-en/product/HP-Pavilion-15-Notebook-PC-series/6936226/model/7169904/troubles...

Please select the correct option that best describes your computer’s situation from the link.

Please update the bios from this link: http://support.hp.com/us-en/drivers/selfservice/HP-Pavilion-15-Notebook-PC-series/6936226/model/7169...

It may be a battery issue and the battery may need to be replaced if the computer does not shut down when the charger is plugged in.

Hope this helps!. Please let me know how this pans out. If it helps, please mark this post as "Accept as Solution". If you require further assistance, let me know and I will gladly do all I can to help. If you wish to say "thanks" for my efforts to help, click the "Thumbs Up" button to give me a Kudos.

Take care and do have a fabulous week ahead.

DavidSMP
I am an HP Employee

0 Kudos
PattyWhy
1 1 0 0
Message 3 of 3
Flag Post
HP Recommended

I have the same problem with my HP Pavilion 15 touchsmart pc. I try to follow the procedure above but my computer shuts down before I can even get to the first website
0 Kudos

Note on archived topics.

This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant.
If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation