Note on archived topics.

This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant.
If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
1Day Student
Student
1 0 0 0
Message 1 of 2
Flag Post
HP Recommended

HP PAVILION WONT TURN ON

HP PAVILLION DV7
Microsoft Windows XP

Hello,

I have the HP Pavillion DV7. I loved this laptop. A few months ago it started shutting completely off while I was working on it.  All of a sudden, it turned off and will not come back on at all. I have had it plugged in and there are no lights that come on or anything. I use this for my crafting business I have on the side, and with the features and screen size, it works great for my crafting needs, and I don't want to spend the money to buy a new one. I know it is not a new laptop, but as I said it was great for what I needed. Does anyone know what may have caused this and if it would be an easy fix, if at all possible to fix? And, I bought it around 2010, so as I said, not new. 

Thanks in advance! 

0 Kudos
1 REPLY 1
Retired
Retired
5851 5351 347 626
Message 2 of 2
Flag Post
HP Recommended

HP PAVILION WONT TURN ON

Hello @1Day,

Welcome to the HP Forums, I hope you enjoy your experience! To help you get the most out of the HP Forums, I would like to direct your attention to the HP Forums Guide First Time Here? Learn How to Post and More.

I came across your post, about the notebook not starting, and wanted to help!  I understand that you have the notebook plugged in with the AC Adapter, and it does not power on.

First, try reviewing the following document, and let me know how it goes:

HP Notebook PCs - Computer Does not Start (Windows 7, Vista, XP)

Please let me know if this information helps you resolve the issue by marking this post as "Accept as Solution", this will help others easily find the information they may be looking for.  Also, clicking the Thumbs up below is a great way to say thanks!

Have a great day!

SDF15
I work on behalf of HP

Please click “Accept as Solution ” on the post that solves your issue to help others find the solution.
Click the Thumbs Up to say “Thanks” for helping!
0 Kudos

Note on archived topics.

This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant.
If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation