Having trouble signing in? Try this!
Ask questions. Help others.
The HP Community is here for you.
Post new question
Question

Note on archived topics.
This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant.
If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here, or click on "Post new question" above and select the appropriate board.
Student
Message 1 of 1 (245 Views)

HP Pav DV6000 Wont BOOT, Wont run disc

HELP! a few days ago i discovered my DVD/CD drive wasn't working: it wouldn't open and wasn't showing up under my drives. It wasn't being recognized at all. i did countless updates and nothing worked.

I read online that i could try editing the registry. I went in and erased the "Uppercase" filters, it was under the DVD/CD class...as recommended. And, I also erased the "Uppercase" filters under Discs. thought that would help as well. but when attempted to restart my lap top....it indicated i had errors. i tried running the safe mode, normal mode, new configurations....every option provided lead to it scrolling a bunch of process codes and restarting all over again. i have the recovery disc in and it's not working either. i've tried selecting F10 at start up to reboot, and it takes me to a different screen...but, it always goes back to it shutting down/restarting. PLEAZE HELP!
0 Kudos
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation