cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
    Information
    Know the Benefits of your HP account

Connect with HP support faster, manage all your devices in one place, view warranty information and more– Click Here

Information
    Fix Windows 10 Update Issues

Resolve Windows 10 or update issues on HP computer or printer– Click Here

• post a message
    Information
    Know the Benefits of your HP account

Connect with HP support faster, manage all your devices in one place, view warranty information and more– Click Here

Information
    Fix Windows 10 Update Issues

Resolve Windows 10 or update issues on HP computer or printer– Click Here

• post a message
This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
Highlighted
3 2 0 0
Message 1 of 10
Flag Post

HP Paviliion DV7-1245dx will not turn on. Caps lock and num lock lights flashing? Is it done for?

HP Recommended

All the lights across the top of the keyboard are lit ( volume level, Mediasmart, mute, etc) but the computer does not boot nor does the screen turn on.  Ive tried to swap the battery, the power supply, the battery and the power supply to no avail.  Is it done for? The caps lock and number lock lights are flashing too.

0 Kudos
9 REPLIES 9
Highlighted
Level 7
Level 7
945 934 45 145
Message 2 of 10
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Hello, is there a pattern to the LED's that are flashing, like they may flash 3 times in a row, then start again, or another pattern.

I am an HP employee
Knowledge is power...Power to the people
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Level 2
Level 2
15 15 0 5
Message 3 of 10
Flag Post
HP Recommended

How many times do the lights flash before a brief break and starting again.  This can actually tell me what is going on. 

Thanks,

Jennifer P

I work for HP.

Please select the "Accept as Solution" button on the post that best answers your question. Also, you may select the "Kudos" button on any helpful post to give that person a quick thanks
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Author
3 2 0 0
Message 4 of 10
Flag Post
HP Recommended
4 times.
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Level 8
Level 8
922 881 66 357
Message 5 of 10
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Hello,

You will need to see wha the blink pattern is -

http://support.hp.com/us-en/document/c01443366

Caps Lock/Num Lock LED Component Tested Error Condition
LEDs blink 1 timeCPUCPU not functional
LEDs blink 2 timesBIOSBIOS corruption failure
LEDs blink 3 timesMemoryModule error not functional
LEDs blink 4 timesGraphicsGraphics controller not functional
LEDs blink 5 timesSystem boardGeneral system board failure
LEDs blink 6 timesBIOSBIOS authentication failure

I would suggest reseting the memory and

You can try to clean the laptop as well to see if you can get it back to life.

http://support.hp.com/us-en/document/c01657439

Image of dust accumulation around fan

I am an HP employee.

"Did my response help with your issue? If so, please give me Kudos by clicking the "Kudos" button or mark the post that solved your problem as the Accepted Solution. Thanks!"
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Level 2
Level 2
15 15 0 5
Message 6 of 10
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Being that there is 4 beeps this is a graphics controller issue and the machine will need to be services and potentially parts replaced. 

Jennifer P

I work for HP.

Please select the "Accept as Solution" button on the post that best answers your question. Also, you may select the "Kudos" button on any helpful post to give that person a quick thanks
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Author
3 2 0 0
Message 7 of 10
Flag Post
HP Recommended
How would I reset the memory?
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Level 8
Level 8
922 881 66 357
Message 8 of 10
Flag Post
HP Recommended

As JennP mentioned, it is pointing to your graphices controller, so no need to worry about memory - you can try clening - otherwise it will require service

I am an HP employee.

"Did my response help with your issue? If so, please give me Kudos by clicking the "Kudos" button or mark the post that solved your problem as the Accepted Solution. Thanks!"
0 Kudos
Highlighted
1 1 0 0
Message 9 of 10
Flag Post
HP Recommended

My Laptop just decided today was a good day to start the caps lock and Num lock simetaneously blinking today.

I get One Blink and about a 3 second count in between blinks.  Does this mean the computer is completely done?

Is there anything I can do to fix it?  I have a lot of important things on the computer for work that I need to get off.  

Please Help me !!!

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Level 7
Level 7
945 934 45 145
Message 10 of 10
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Hi, did you take a look at the post by Sanchertx earlier in the same thread?

Also please post your Model number or product number (not your serial number) in here so we know which Notebook you have.

Here is a link if you're not sure how to find that.

http://support.hp.com/us-en/document/c00033108

To retrieve data, even if your unit will not boot, you can try removing your Hard-drive and putting it into an external Hard-drive case then plug it into a working PC.

For this the Service guide can help you, another good reason for us to know which Notebook you have.

Good luck.

I am an HP employee
Knowledge is power...Power to the people
This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation