Note on archived topics.

This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant.
If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
Benellard Top Student
Top Student
6 0 0
Message 1 of 16
Flag Post
HP Recommended

HP Pavilion 11 x360

Is it possible to install Windows 7 Home Premium on a HP Pavilion 11 x360 that comes with Win8.1?

I've been trying for a couple of weeks and failed. Working from a USB thumb drive, Win 7 will load files, show the first two screens, but when the actual install begins, everything stops for the message: "A required CD/DVD device driver is missing." Of course the 11 x360 has no optical drive and has gotten this far with the USB drive.  I have tried different ISOs and many suggestions from the Windows 7 Forums to no avail. Suggestions anyone?

0 Kudos
15 REPLIES
Provost Provost
Provost
12831 1667 4273
Message 2 of 16
Flag Post
HP Recommended

HP Pavilion 11 x360

Hi

Have you tried this:

https://downloadcenter.intel.com/Detail_Desc.aspx?DwnldID=22676

Select either first 64-bit or second 32-bit, download depending upon the OS version, save & unzip, burn the setup file into USB, plug in this along with the installation disc,

When ask, click load drivers, select the file from this USB

Related: http://support.hp.com/us-en/document/c03027843

If that doesn't solve read this:
http://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_7-hardware/a-required-cddvd-device-driver-i...

Regards

I'm a Volunteer AND I don't work for HP

Click the "THUMBS UP ICON" to say thank you and Click "ACCEPT AS SOLUTION" if this is the answer you needed
0 Kudos
Benellard Top Student
Top Student
6 0 0
Message 3 of 16
Flag Post
HP Recommended

HP Pavilion 11 x360

Thanks for the suggestion.  Sadly, I was not able to find out if those are the correct drivers. That's because the installation did not recognize the USB drive they were on.  I tried rescan but the USB  does not show up.  I tried putting them on the installation USB. But  when I browse to the x boot -- which I assume is the USB -- it does not appear to be the drive I'm actually using.  The folders and files are different. Something's not right here, but I can't figure it out. Thanks for any ideas you might offer.

0 Kudos
Provost Provost
Provost
12831 1667 4273
Message 4 of 16
Flag Post
HP Recommended

HP Pavilion 11 x360

Hi

Go through this thread specifically the suggestions for Win7 installation from bootable USB, it may help you confirm if everything you've done is in correct order,

HP Expert lasvegaswireman tips for Win 7 installation

Related thread: Installing Windows 7 from bootable USB

Regards

Click the "THUMBS UP ICON" to say thank you and Click "ACCEPT AS SOLUTION" if this is the answer you needed
0 Kudos
Vendella Honor Student
Honor Student
3 0 0
Message 5 of 16
Flag Post
HP Recommended

HP Pavilion 11 x360

Just wanted to let you know that I've been trying all possible ways of fixing the problem by loading driver but not a single driver works.

Somebody please help in locationg proper drivers to be able to see SSD during clean installation.

What's interesting when I run setup from Windows 8.1, Setup can see all the drives.

I'm going crazy how come HP and Intel did not make this drivers easy accessible I guess it's only because they want everyone to use Windows 8 which slow like hell!

0 Kudos
Vendella Honor Student
Honor Student
3 0 0
Message 6 of 16
Flag Post
HP Recommended

HP Pavilion 11 x360

Hey man were you able to solve the problem with installing Windows 7 on your X360?

I was not able to find drivers neither!!!

0 Kudos
Provost Provost
Provost
12831 1667 4273
Message 7 of 16
Flag Post
HP Recommended

HP Pavilion 11 x360

Vendella,

The only driver I know of is SATA driver:
The link is given below. Download, save the the appropriate f6flpy file (32 bit or 64bit) in another PC, extract the files to an USB, plug it in during installation.

With the flash drive and Win 7 installation media plugged into the machine, boot from the Windows installation media.

After you select the install now option, select the Drive Options - Advanced menu - Load Driver .
Storage driver files will be listed. Check the box, it will include the compatible driver. Continue installation.

https://downloadcenter.intel.com/Detail_Desc.aspx?agr=Y&ProdId=2101&DwnldID=23060&keyword=Intel+Rapi...

Regards

Visruth

0 Kudos
Vendella Honor Student
Honor Student
3 0 0
Message 8 of 16
Flag Post
HP Recommended

HP Pavilion 11 x360

Well thanks man but i what i did i copied file drivers directly onto Drive C: and then when booting from USB installation is asking to load driver, i puncheck hide incorrect drivers and list of all drivers pop up.

I tried to load each driver from that list (approx 12) and not a single works.

So im stuck.
Just spoke to techsulport via chat and guy says i need to disable secure boot which i did first thing at the beginning
0 Kudos
Provost Provost
Provost
12831 1667 4273
Message 9 of 16
Flag Post
HP Recommended

HP Pavilion 11 x360

Then, I don't know what is the problem.

Make sure that in "System Configuration" > "USB3.0 Config in Pre-Boot" which is set to "Enabled". This must be set to "Auto"

Disable secure boot & ENABLE Legacy:
http://support.hp.com/us-en/document/c03736054

Additionally, as the hard drive is most likely partitioned as GPT, you must boot using the UEFI-Internal CD/DVD or UEFI-USB Key/Drive to install Windows on a GPT partitioned disk.

Power on or reboot the computer and tap F9 or ESC and then F9 when prompted. Select the UEFI boot source you are using and press ENTER.

0 Kudos
HelverthSDN Honor Student
Honor Student
2 0 1
Message 10 of 16
Flag Post
HP Recommended

HP Pavilion 11 x360

Hi,

i dont know if you finally can install WIN7, but i did evrything you did, and finaly change on the bios the USB3.0 from Enable to AUTO.... and work, i had a hp pavilion 13 x360

regards

Note on archived topics.

This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant.
If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation