Having trouble signing in? Try this!
Ask questions. Help others.
The HP Community is here for you.
Post new question
Question

Note on archived topics.
This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant.
If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here, or click on "Post new question" above and select the appropriate board.
Student
Message 1 of 2 (166 Views)

HP Pavilion 13-r010dx x2 Detachable PC not charging

Product Name: HP Pavilion 13-r010dx x2 Detac
Operating System: Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

I purchased my laptop on 11/6/15 from Best Buy. When it is plugged in, it works fine but the battery was not charging. Unfortunately for me, it is now 1 1/2 months out of warranty. I brought it into Best Buy to have the battery replaced and it was sent to their servicing center. I just received a call from them telling me that my issue is Not my battery but with something on the motherboard that controls how the battery charges and the entire board needs to be replaced and it is going to cost me just as much to replace it as I paid for my laptop. This is absolutely obsurd!! The laptop is only 13 months old and has never been mishandled. When making the decision to buy a new laptop, I chose HP because I had such good luck with my old one that was 10 years old. Has HP quality gone downhill? And on top of it all, when I went to submit a question about this to HP support, it comes up with my laptop being out of warranty since August 2016 which less than a 1 year warranty. Now Im left with the decision to repair my 13 month old laptop and still have no protection if something else breaks or buy a new one with protection for the same price.

0 Kudos
HP Support Agent
Message 2 of 2 (136 Views)

Re: HP Pavilion 13-r010dx x2 Detachable PC not charging

Hello@da2015,

I have brought your issue to the attention of an appropriate team within HP.

They will likely request information from you in order to look up your case details or product serial number.

Please look for a private message from an identified HP contact.

Additionally, keep in mind not to publicly post personal information (serial numbers and case details).

Thank you for visiting the HP Support Forum.

Resolv_S

Glad to help you. I work for HP

Please click Accept as Solution if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others find the solution.
Click the Kudos Thumbs Up" to say “Thanks” for helping!

"HP respects and is committed to protecting the personal information of our covered individuals." You can read more in the HP Privacy Statement

Resolv_S
I work on behalf of HP

If you found this post helpful, you can let others know by clicking the Accept as Solution button. You can also show your appreciation, with a kudos, by clicking the Thumbs up" button!

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation