Note on archived topics.

This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant.
If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
MaicahShane Honor Student
Honor Student
2 0 0
Message 1 of 2
Flag Post
HP Recommended

HP Pavilion 15 Notebook PC HP Battery Check results: Unknown

HP Pavilion 15 Notebook PC
Microsoft Windows 8.1 (64-bit)

I have an HP Pavilion 15 Notebook PC, and the battery seemed to be working fine at first, but then it suddenly stopped charging and even when plugged in, it wouldn't charge. Now, its at 0% and removing the charger would obviously force it to shut down, thus forcing me to use it plugged in all the time now.

I tried to use my HP Support Assistant to test the HP Battery Check and see the condition of my battery, but the results were a simple big Unknown. I have gotten the warning that my battery has low capacity, and I am not sure on what I should do. My laptop and battery isn't even that old yet. Please help me on this.

0 Kudos
1 REPLY
HP Support Agent
HP Support Agent
16542 952 2191
Message 2 of 2
Flag Post
HP Recommended

HP Pavilion 15 Notebook PC HP Battery Check results: Unknown

Hey @MaicahShane,

Welcome to the HP Support Community! 

I see you are having issues with the battery not charging on your HP Pavilion 15 Notebook. Here is some helpful steps to fixing this from WikiHow.

This shows you how to calibrate the Battery. 

You could try this method which works well. Remove the Battery, then in the Device Manager, expand the Batteries section by clicking the little icon to the left of the word Batteries. Right-click Microsoft ACPI-Compliant Control Method Battery and select Uninstall.Restart the Notebook. Once the Notebook has come all the way back up, shut it down and remove the AC adapter. Put in the Battery and AC adapter turn on the Notebook.

Please let me know how this goes.

You can say thanks easily by clicking the Thumbs Up below

Thanks.

Please click “Accept as Solution ” if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others find the solution.
Click the “Kudos, Thumbs Up" on the bottom left to say “Thanks” for helping.

I work on behalf of HP
0 Kudos

Note on archived topics.

This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant.
If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation