Note on archived topics.

This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant.
If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
crusader8 Tutor
Tutor
11 1 0
Message 1 of 10
Flag Post
HP Recommended

HP Pavilion 15 Notebook Win8 Battery check Unknown 93 status error Pls help

Hi,

I have a new Windows 8, HP Pavilion 15 Notebook. I just updated my HP Support assistant recently and now cannot do the Battery Check. It says Battery - Unknown Status (93)  ??!  What is that and why can't it access my battery ?

I have removed and re-inserted my battery but that made no difference. Also the battery is working and there is no issue with it that I have noticed but why cant I run the test ? I have the latest version of support assistant - 7.4.45.4 installed.

How can I fix this issue with the battery check ?

Thanks in Advance

Regards

batteryy.jpg

0 Kudos
9 REPLIES
Retired
Retired
5476 338 861
Message 2 of 10
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Hi crusader8,

I saw your post regarding the problems are you having running the Battery Test in HP Support Assistant. I would start by uninstalling and reinstalling the HP Support Assistant. You can also use your HP Diagnostic Tools to check the battery. Under Component Test there is a Battery Test.  Try that battery test to see if it is seeing it correctly.

Thank you,

Please click “Accept as Solution ” if you feel my post solved your issue.

Click the “Kudos Thumbs Up" on the right to say “Thanks” for helping!

Thank you,

BHK6

I work on behalf of HP
Tags (1)
crusader8 Tutor
Tutor
11 1 0
Message 3 of 10
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Hi,

I tried the diagnostic tools by pressing F2 at startup. And those diagnostics worked and showed Status OK (1) for battery.

So I guess the problem was with the HP Support Assistant software Update. Basically there is some issue with the latest update and this laptop I guess...

Thanks!

0 Kudos
crusader8 Tutor
Tutor
11 1 0
Message 4 of 10
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Hi,

Now I have started facing a problem with the battery life. Just since last 2 days, when battery reaches the last 20% approx. the laptop shuts down ?? No warning is displayed. Till now only the status was shown as Unknown, but now the battery performance is also a concern. 

When I do the F2 startup check using UEFI Diagnostic, It sometimes shows Battery Status OK(0) , Battery Status OK(1) or Battery Status OK (3) ... And it shows Status as 290 ... What do all these numbers mean ??? It shows charge capacity as 100 % also. So I do not know what the issue could be for it to shutdown at 20% ? After shutting down it shows as 0% after I restart with AC Power plugged in.

??

0 Kudos
Retired
Retired
5476 338 861
Message 5 of 10
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Hi crusader8,

There are a couple of things you can try. The first would be to Calibrate the Battery. If that doesn't fix things then try resetting the Microsoft ACPI-Compliant Control Method Battery which is basically the driver that communicates between the computer and the battery. There is a chance that it is corrupted. It is reading the battery level wrong, so the computer thinks the battery level is higher then what is actually is, so when it runs out of juice it shuts down.

Step 1. Go to Device Manager
Step 2. Select Batteries
Step 3. Right click the "Microsoft ACPI-Compliant Control Method Battery" that is listed there
Step 4. Click Uninstall
Step 5. At the prompt put a check in the box to remove the current driver
Step 6. Shutdown the computer

Step 7: Remove the battery for minute and then put it back in

When the computer comes back up it should automatically find the driver.

Step 8. Go to Device Manager
Step 9. Select Batteries
Step 10. Right click the "Microsoft ACPI-Compliant Control Method Battery" that is listed there
Step 11. Click "Search automatically for updated driver software"

Do the same thing with Microsoft ACPI-Compliant Embedded Controller.

If you are still having troubles after that then I recommend calling HP. You can reach HP Total Care at 1-800-474-6836 in North America or visit this link outside of North America.

Thank you,

Thank you,

BHK6

I work on behalf of HP
0 Kudos
gautam123 Student
Student
1 0 0
Message 6 of 10
Flag Post
HP Recommended

i have one year old hp pavalion notebook window8.1 when i update hp battery check status is unknown (93) and my battery is not charging more than 0%

0 Kudos
Retired
Retired
5476 338 861
Message 7 of 10
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Hi @gautam123 ,

Welcome to the HP Forums!

I see that you are having a battery issue. Try the “Calibrate the Battery” link in my above post and resetting the Microsoft ACPI-Compliant Method Battery as mentioned above.

I would also recommend doing a Hard Reset first.

Thank you,

BHK6

I work on behalf of HP
0 Kudos
sreenivas_9g Top Student
Top Student
4 0 2
Message 8 of 10
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Hi gautam,

How did you fix that problem? I also hae the same problem. what is the real problem behind it?

0 Kudos
ravipandhi Honor Student
Honor Student
3 0 0
Message 9 of 10
Flag Post
HP Recommended

hi sreenivas,were you able to fix the problem? I am having the same issue

0 Kudos
sreenivas_9g Top Student
Top Student
4 0 2
Message 10 of 10
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Yeah.. battery is dead. Bought a new one

Note on archived topics.

This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant.
If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation