cancel

Note on archived topics.

This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant.
If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
Antoine_ Student
Student
1 0 0 0
Message 1 of 2
Flag Post
HP Recommended

HP Pavilion 15-au028ca Hard drive making crackling noises

HP Pavilion 15-au028ca
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

Hi!

So I bought this laptop, an HP Pavilion 15-au028ca for school and after around 3 weeks or so of using it my hard drive has started to make some kind of crackling noise and since I use it for school, it's a huge problem has it distract me but also people around me.

So I went to best buy where I bought it and an IT confirmed that it was infact the Hard Drive making noise but because the 14 days refund had passed they would not refund it or replace it.

The offered me to buy an other laptop while they send it to HP for repair since it's still convered and then refund the laptop one mine came back from HP but the problem is that I don't have the money right now to just go and buy an other 1000$ Laptop. Also, it's my everyday laptop for school, I'm studiying in computer science so I use it every day and I really can't afford to go a week (or more) without it.

Now, some people proposed that I could swap the HDD for a SSD but I just wanted to know first if there was maybe an easy fix that would require me to go out an buy a 400$ SSD or could I work out with HP diretcly in order to fix my issue?

I honestly don't know what to do, any help/anwser is highly appreciated.

Thanks

Antoine.

0 Kudos
1 REPLY 1
Associate Professor
Associate Professor
1,393 1,343 114 377
Message 2 of 2
Flag Post
HP Recommended

HP Pavilion 15-au028ca Hard drive making crackling noises

Your system will operate much faster, quiter and cooler with a SSD.

I found a Mushkin 500G SSD on NewEgg for only $119.99.

:Wink: If you found my answer helpful please say thanks by clicking on the Thumb's Up icon.
        If my answer solved your problem please mark it as the Accepted Solution. Thanks!

0 Kudos

Note on archived topics.

This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant.
If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation