cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
ArchivedThis topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
Ryaner93
5 3 0 0
Message 1 of 2
Flag Post

HP Pavilion - 15-au172sa Google Freezing and Crash

HP Recommended
HP Pavilion - 15-au172sa

Hi There 

my  HP Pavilion - 15-au172sa keeps freezing at random times in google chrome when I try to open google chrome thus causing other things to freeze like microsoft edge and other applications, i am also having trouble downloading files as it freezes when I try to and I have to restart to get files to download.

I have tessted my wi fi and it is not the cause I have also performed a system quick test and a longer extensive test and the laptop has passed both. I also recently had to update my laptop for window 10 updates as the freezing started and it went find but for some reason in my action centre toolbar the message telling me I need to restart my computer keeps appearing despite me doing it many times and when click the message it disappers but then reappers later

Any help you could give would be greatly appreciated 

0 Kudos
1 REPLY 1
Chimney_83
Retired
Retired
8,121 8,112 487 951
Message 2 of 2
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Greetings @Ryaner93

Thanks for the post. 

I understand that all the browsers on your computer are freezing. You have run a system test on your computer and you recently upgraded the OS on your computer to Windows 10, is that right?

Kudos to you for trying to troubleshoot the issue on your own. 

Not to worry, I will be glad to help. 

Have you installed the Windows updates and drivers for your computer?

Whenever you upgrade or install a new OS on any computer there will be a lot of updates that would need to be installed, which takes 7-10 days. 

While these updates are being installed in the background, you will be prompted to restart your computer several times, which is absolutely normal. 

Recommend you make sure all the Windows updates are installed using the Settings from the Windows menu.

Run HP Support Assistant on your computer to make sure all the drivers are updated, especially BIOS and chipset. Click here

For other troubleshooting steps, you can refer to the below articles. 

HP PCs - Computer Locks Up or Freezes (Windows 10, 😎

HP PCs - Slow Internet Troubleshooting (Windows 10, 😎

Let me know how it goes. 

Chimney_83
I am an HP Employee

0 Kudos
ArchivedThis topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation