Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
HP Recommended
HP Pavilion 15-e017AU
Microsoft Windows 8.1 (64-bit)
Can we use windows 10 in HP Pavilion 15-e017AU. Will is be supported well?
5 REPLIES 5
HP Recommended

HP does not support your model with Windows 10. No drivers/software on your support pages:

http://support.hp.com/us-en/drivers/selfservice/hp-pavilion-15-e000-notebook-pc-series/5355006/model...

Usually it is the AMD graphics which present the biggest problem if the manufacturer does not offer driver updates.

**Click Accept as Solution on a Reply that solves your issue**
***Click the "YES" button if you think this response was helpful.***

HP Recommended
So, pls give me list of OS supported by Pavilion 15-e017AU
HP Recommended

The only drivers provided by HP on your Support page are for Windows 8 and Windows 8.1. While an upgrade to Windows 10 might actually work fine, a clean install of 10 would possibly leave you with drivers missing. AMD graphics is usually a problem to get working properly.

**Click Accept as Solution on a Reply that solves your issue**
***Click the "YES" button if you think this response was helpful.***

HP Recommended
Can you pls give me the link to download windows 8 OS for HP Pavilion 15-e017AU
HP Recommended

@pra55kash

Thanks for posting on the HP Support Forums page. 

I read your post and understand that you would like to download Win8 for your HP Pavilion 15-e017au Notebook PC. I'll do my best to provide you all the information you need. 

I would like to know the following information to assist you better:

• Did Win8 come preinstalled in the laptop originally when you purchased it? Because as per the laptop's product specifications, it was loaded with DOS (Disk Operating System).
  • Are you facing any issues with the present operating system on your laptop?

Meanwhile, let me inform you that Win8 is a licensed operating system from Microsoft. Therefore it is not available for download. Therefore ou need to obtain the recovery media (CD/USB) for your HP laptop. The recovery media contains that original Windows operating system. You may contact HP phone support to order the recovery media. Each computer has it's unique copy of the recovery media. 

NOTE: HP phone support can provide the recovery media only for the original operating system that is available for the laptop. 

Please feel free to let me know if you have any questions. Good luck!

Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.