05-18-2014 01:42 AM - edited 05-18-2014 04:09 AM
I've recently bought a HP Pavilion 15-n252sq laptop, with Free Dos - unfortunately i can't install Windows 7 over it, due to the following error i keep receiveing in the Installation screen:
"Select the driver to be installed" - and regardless of the paths i have and the available folders, i can not seem to proceed wtih the W7 installation.
Please notice that, i've tried to use both a W7 DVD and also a bootable USB drive (and yes, connected in the USB 2.0 port and not USB 3.0 ) - but i always get to the same point where i have to select drivers.
Please also notice that the BIOS doesn't allow me to make any modifications except for some minor ones (like select boot priority, or enable USB 3.0), as the rest of the MAIN features are greyed out .
Can anyone please help me with this issue?
05-18-2014 07:43 AM
Please see if this works for you...
Download the drivers from this link below (first or second file listed -- 32 or 64 bit as applicable).
Extract the files onto a usb flash drive.
With the flash drive and W7 installation media plugged into the machine, boot from the W7 installation media.
After you select the install now option, select the Drive Options - Advanced menu, then select the Load Driver option.
You should now see the storage driver files listed.
If you check the box, it will only include the compatible driver.
Follow the prompts and hopefully, W7 should install.
05-18-2014 12:09 PM
- sadly, it didn't work - i've followed all the above mentioned steps, used genuine Windows 7 and Windows 8 DVD's, but after it loads the driver it gives another prompt: "No new devices drivers were found. Make sure the installation media contains the correct drivers, and then click OK"
- here is a picture of the above prompt: http://i62.tinypic.com/2d1kzzb.jpg
- do you have any other ideas, please?
05-18-2014 12:44 PM
So what would be my options now, in this case?
- take the laptop back, since i can't actually do anything with it, to the vendore store?
- try to install a 32-bit Windows?
- can you please tell me what model the HDD are on this particular laptop model, so i would try to find the actual HDD driver? I don't want to void my warranty by opening it up...
05-18-2014 12:50 PM - edited 05-24-2014 08:26 AM
I don't work for HP.
I would not know what model HDD's HP installs in that notebook, and they may have different brands in the same model anyway. It depends on their source of supply at the time of production.
You may be able to find the HDD model if you go into the BIOS.
I would have to think that you would get the same errors if you tried to install a 32 bit OS.
You may want to consider returning it and getting one with Windows already installed, if you have that option.
05-18-2014 03:55 PM
After a few hours of debating, i've managed to make it work, by installing Windows 8.1.
All good until i tried to install the nVidia GeForce 840m driver, which at some point returns the error that the video adapter is not present.
I've checked in the Device manager - and there are 3 drivers still not installed, amongst 3D Video Controller ( http://i60.tinypic.com/ildnio.jpg ).
I've installed all the chipset drivers for W8.1, rebooted several times, but those 3 drivers still do not install, thus neither the nVidia video card.
Any thoughts on this?
05-18-2014 04:11 PM
That is good news.
I still don't understand why W7 didn't work...
OK...you must install the Intel HD graphics driver first and reboot.
Then you install the nVidia graphics driver.
The unknown device needs this driver.
Bluetooth...you install the corresponding bluetooth driver and software that matches the model wireless card your notebook has.
05-18-2014 04:38 PM
- regarding the video card - i've managed to install the Intel HD video adapter, rebooted - tried to install the Nvidia one, but i still got the same error (also the 3D Video Controller driver is still not installed in Device Manager)