cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
    Information
    Know the Benefits of your HP account

Connect with HP support faster, manage all your devices in one place, view warranty information and more– Click Here

Information
    Fix Windows 10 Update Issues

Resolve Windows 10 or update issues on HP computer or printer– Click Here

• post a message
    Information
    Know the Benefits of your HP account

Connect with HP support faster, manage all your devices in one place, view warranty information and more– Click Here

Information
    Fix Windows 10 Update Issues

Resolve Windows 10 or update issues on HP computer or printer– Click Here

• post a message
ArchivedThis topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
Highlighted
2 0 0 0
Message 1 of 2
Flag Post

Solved!

HP Pavilion 17-e101sv WiFi adapter replacement

HP Recommended
Pavilion 17-e101sv
Microsoft Windows 8.1 (64-bit)

Hello,

I recently had issues with the wifi adapter that comes with my laptop model (Ralink RT3290LE) and I discovered that it's an issue if your modem/router is a Cisco which is what my ISP is providing. At the end I bought my own router and was able to connect to the internet. 

I want o avoid these kind of problems in the future though and I would like to know what kind of replacement I can get for my lapto that are compatible and also if there is a compatible wifi adapter that also has AC network along with b/g/n. 

Thank you in advanced! 

0 Kudos
1 REPLY 1
Highlighted
Level 17
Level 17
43,166 42,954 6,880 12,050
Message 2 of 2
Flag Post
HP Recommended

This one will work:

http://www.amazon.com/Intel-Wireless-ac-7260-Bluetooth-Wireless/dp/B00PDL540W/ref=sr_1_2?ie=UTF8&qid...

It says not compatible with HP, but that applies to slightly older models that still had a BIOS wifi whitelist which yours does not. We have done some experiments here at the Forum and have shown that the whitelist has been gone since before your laptop was manufactured. 

Having said you can do the upgrade you might want to see how to do it. See page 52 of the Manual here:

Manual

If this is "the Answer" please click "Accept as Solution" to help others find it. 

ArchivedThis topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation