Ask questions. Help others.
The HP Community is here for you.
Post new question
Question

Note on archived topics.
This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant.
If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here, or click on "Post new question" above and select the appropriate board.
Honor Student
Message 1 of 4 (18,104 Views)

HP Pavilion Built in Webcam Not working! Please help!

I've had my HP Pavilion dv6000 for a little over 2 years. Recently, my built-in webcam stopped working. Usually, I would go to quickplay and click on the video/camera/film icon, then I would click the source as HP webcam. The problem is now, the source called HP webcam doesn't display any more, so I can't click it to use the webcam.

I am already updated to the latest Vista update, so I have no idea why it isn't working.

Also, I don't know if this question should be asked here, but I thought I might as well ask it.

For my windows live e-mail, If I try to sign in, it does work, it goes to the sign in page and says the website could be having problems, but it almost always happens.

Teacher
Message 2 of 4 (17,982 Views)

Re: HP Pavilion Built in Webcam Not working! Please help!

may provide some insight: http://forums13.itrc.hp.com/service/forums/bizsupport/questionanswer.do?admit=109447627+125338968814...

read completely and carefully!

report back your status

Student
Message 3 of 4 (7,243 Views)

I've had my HP Pavilion dv6000 for a little over 2 years. Recently, my built-in webcam stopped working. Usually, I would go to quickplay and click on the video/camera/film icon, then I would click the source as HP webcam. The problem is now, the source called HP webcam doesn't display any more, so I can't click it to use the webcam.

I am already updated to the latest Vista update, so I have no idea why it isn't working.

Also, I don't know if this question should be asked here, but I thought I might as well ask it.

For my windows live e-mail, If I try to sign in, it does work, it goes to the sign in page and says the website could be having problems, but it almost always happens

Student
Message 4 of 4 (2,397 Views)

my HP Pavilion build in webcam is not working when I switch on the quickplay and click on the camera/music button which does not display the webcam icon

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation