Note on archived topics.

This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant.
If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
simonjohnson Honor Student
Honor Student
2 0 0
Message 1 of 4
Flag Post
HP Recommended

HP Pavilion DM4 Notebook - black screen on start up

HP Pavilion DM4 Notebook PC
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

Product name: HP Pavilion DM4 Notebook PC

Product number: LS721EA#ABU 

I tihnk it is 64-Bit but I am unsure. I upgraded to Windows 10 about 4 months ago.

Hello,

I have an HP Pavilion DM4.

When I tried booting up this weekend I got a black screen with a flashing white line in the top left hand corner. In the bottom left hand corner I had a message "Press Esc Key for the Start Menu".

I tried a hard reset and the caps lock LED button comes on.

I have since run the system diagnostics test and the Start-up Test, Run-in Test, Memory Test and Tune up failed. The description for each one is Memory module. The error code is as follows:

Tune Up: 64RHWW-5MV85J-XD6V5G-401MO3

All others: 64RHWW-5MV85H-XD6V5G-400503

The hard disk abd battery tests passed.

I reseated the memory module but that hasn't made any difference (It was positioned correctly when I took it out)

Can anyone recommend what I should do next?

Thanks

Simon

0 Kudos
3 REPLIES
Retired
Retired
5851 347 625
Message 2 of 4
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Hello @simonjohnson,

Thank you for visiting the HP Support Forums! The forums are a great place where you can find solutions for your issues, with help from the community!

I came across your post about the issue with the notebook not starting, and wanted to help!  I understand that you tried running some tests, and getting error messages for the Memory Modules.

Based on the Failure IDs you provided, the Memory Modules may be defective, or not connected properly.  If you already tried reseating the Memory Modules, then you may consider replacing them.

Please let me know if this information helps you resolve the issue by marking this post as "Accept as Solution", this will help others easily find the information they may be looking for.  Also, clicking the Thumbs up below is a great way to say thanks!

Have a great day!

SDF15
I work on behalf of HP

Please click “Accept as Solution ” on the post that solves your issue to help others find the solution.
Click the Thumbs Up to say “Thanks” for helping!
0 Kudos
simonjohnson Honor Student
Honor Student
2 0 0
Message 3 of 4
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Hi,

Thank you very much for your response.

Could you provide a link to a trusted seller from where I could purchase relevant memory modules in the UK?

Best wishes

Simon

0 Kudos
Retired
Retired
5851 347 625
Message 4 of 4
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Hello @simonjohnson,

Thank you for the quick reply!

I am unable to assist with that type of information.  However, based on the following guide, here are the spare part numbers for compatible Memory Modules:

HP Pavilion dm4 Entertainment PC - Maintenance and Service Guide (Chapter 4, Page 37-38).

2 GB (PC3-10600 1333 MHz) - Spare part number: 621565-001

4 GB (PC3-10600 1333 MHz) - Spare part number: 621569-001

You can get parts from here: HP Parts Store

Please let me know if this information helps you resolve the issue by marking this post as "Accept as Solution", this will help others easily find the information they may be looking for.  Also, clicking the Thumbs up below is a great way to say thanks!

Regards!

SDF15
I work on behalf of HP

Please click “Accept as Solution ” on the post that solves your issue to help others find the solution.
Click the Thumbs Up to say “Thanks” for helping!
0 Kudos

Note on archived topics.

This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant.
If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation