Information
    Fix Windows 10 Update Issues

Resolve Windows 10 or update issues on HP computer or printer– Click Here

• post a message
    Information
    Fix Windows 10 Update Issues

Resolve Windows 10 or update issues on HP computer or printer– Click Here

• post a message
This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
Highlighted
1 0 0 0
Message 1 of 5
Flag Post

HP Pavilion DV6500 Vista will not re-install

HP Recommended

I'm tryin' to re-install the OS using the recovery cds (1 & 2). However, it's not working. I've followed the instructions to the letter. The instructions, on the HP website, state that when the recovery cd #1 is in the drive it will automatically start the re-install process. But, it doesn't happen.

1. Insert disc in drive.

2. Turn on computer.

3. It jumps to the "loading windows files" status bar at the bottom of the screen (black).

4. Then it turns windows, nothing is wrong with me, blue.

5. Then, a DOS windows opens with "X:\windows\system32\cmd.exe" in the title bar. Within the DOS window it says,

"SHOW SERVICE MESSAGE IF EXIST

...DETERMINING USER PARTITION'S DRIVE LETTER"

It never gets any further, no matter how long I wait. The drive light stops blinking.

I appreciate any constructive help offered & thanks in advance.

0 Kudos
4 REPLIES 4
Highlighted
Level 12
12,390 12,218 582 1,541
Message 2 of 5
Flag Post
HP Recommended

They left out a step in the instructions, with the disc in the drive and restart the PC, start tapping F9 key repeatedly when you see the HP logo, this should bring up the advanced boot options page, select your cd/dvd drive and hit enter key several times.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
5 5 0 0
Message 3 of 5
Flag Post
HP Recommended

i HAVE TRIED THE F9 / F10 TRICK ALL DAY,  AS WELL... NO LUCK.

I AM TRYING TO WORK WITH THE COMPANY WHO SOLD THE RECOVERY DISK, BUT HAVE NOT MADE ANY HEADWAY, AS THEY WOULD RATHER ME SHIP IT TO THEM (PAY BOTH WAYS) RATHER THAN HELP ME FIND OUT WHY THIS IS A PROBLEM. I HAVE BEEN A GLOBAL TECH SUPT ENGINEER FOR OVER 15 YEARS, THIS IS NOT ACCEPTABLE IN MY BOOK.

THANKS

0 Kudos
Highlighted
5 5 0 0
Message 4 of 5
Flag Post
HP Recommended

MESSAGE.png

PROOF, AS I WAS ABLE TO CAPTURE IT RIGHT THERE!

WHAT WERE / ARE THE REASONS FOR THIS MESSAGE BEING DIPLAYED? WHAT CONDITION WAS MET TO EXECUTE THIS AND HOW DO WE FIX THE CONDITION(S)?

0 Kudos
Tags (1)
Highlighted
Level 15
Level 15
23,488 23,427 2,169 5,116
Message 5 of 5
Flag Post
HP Recommended

You said "the company that sold the recovery disk" -- implying that these are NOT genuine HP Recovery Disks obtained from HP.

Understand your frustration, but HP can not be blamed for problems with third-party disks.

You have to resolve those problems with the company from which you bought those disks.

Good Luck
========================================================================
I am a volunteer and I do not work for, nor do I represent, HP.
---------------------------------------------------------------
If my posts helped you, please click the Thumbs-Up symbol on my post to say thanks.
If my posts solved your problem please click "Accept As Solution".
========================================================================

***If my post helped, click the White thumbs-up symbol to say thanks***

***Please mark Accept As Solution if my post solved your problem***

I am a volunteer and I do not work for, nor represent, HP
0 Kudos
This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation