cancel

Note on archived topics.

This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant.
If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
Xeon07 Honor Student
Honor Student
2 1 0 0
Message 1 of 4
Flag Post
HP Recommended

HP Pavilion DV6T does not power up

Pavilion DV6T
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

Hi,

My dv6t laptop started to fail booting yesterday. The other night, I was still able to use it and play Overwatch. The laptop is I think a 2010 model since it is one the first generation core i-series laptops. I always use my laptop with the charger plugged in ( no battery connected ). Except yesterday, I need to get some files at my laptop, and used the battery, but it does not boot up. So I charged the battery first and try booting up the laptop after a few minutes, but ends in failure.

The laptop failure scenario is this: the lights and the fan power up for 1 second then cuts the power off. When the charger is connected to the laptop, the LED indicator lights up (indicating there is a charger connected).

Here is what I have already tried:

- removed one memory module 

- removed hard drive

- removes all components

- replaced cmos battery

- cleaned up fan

Is there anything more I can do/test?

Thanks

0 Kudos
3 REPLIES 3
Retired
Retired
2,882 2,654 144 330
Message 2 of 4
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Hi @Xeon07,

Welcome to HP Forums! I have read your post and wanted to help.

I understand that your laptop failed to boot. 

Please review the document below for troubleshooting:

HP Notebook PCs - Computer Does Not Start (Windows 10)

Let me know how it goes.

If this helps you to reach a solution, please click the "Accept as Solution" button down below in this message. If you wish to say "thanks" for my effort to help, click the "thumbs up" to give me Kudos. :catvery-happy:

Regards,

SDJL
I work on behalf of HP

Please click “Accept as Solution ”on the post that solves your issue to help others find the solution.
Click the Thumbs Up on the left to say “Thanks” for helping!
0 Kudos
Xeon07 Honor Student
Honor Student
2 1 0 0
Message 3 of 4
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Hi SDJL,

I have already done the steps in the troubleshooting guide, and it still fails to boot.

I also tried disconnecting the battery and charger, and pushing down the power button for a minute. It still fails.

Any more that I can do?

0 Kudos
Retired
Retired
2,882 2,654 144 330
Message 4 of 4
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Hi @Xeon07,

Thank you for the reply!

Is there any LED near caps lock or num lock flashing? Can you enter the BIOS to perform the hardware failure tests? If not, you can contact HP support to arrange a repair.

Please use the following link http://www.hp.com/contacthp to create a case for your issue, and contact HP. If you live outside the US/Canada, please click the link http://www8.hp.com/us/en/contact-hp/ww-phone-assist.html to get the contact information for your region.

SDJL
I work on behalf of HP

Please click “Accept as Solution ”on the post that solves your issue to help others find the solution.
Click the Thumbs Up on the left to say “Thanks” for helping!
0 Kudos

Note on archived topics.

This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant.
If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation