Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
HP Recommended
before all update your ATI graphic drivers but this nothing to do with it. Remove only unnecessary start up apps using msconfig. and do what I told you before. It is already tested 😉
HP Recommended

Hey I tried reducing the CPU to 63% capacity and it definitely slowed the fan down and has less noise now.  Thanks for the tip!

HP Recommended

To madmikee & francoisgonenc

With all respect to both of you but now i am thinking on loud:

Excellent solution, how i didn’t try that :LaughingTears:

Out of topic but: Someday my water pipes start leaking in my house and solution was so simple, I simply closed the pipe vent on half and you guess what ... leaking hmmm... was less leaky yupiiii :smileyvery-happy::smileyvery-happy::smileyvery-happy: The other day my 4 cylinder car was overheating, the solution was so simple soo what I did was I disabled 2 cylinders ,than I went driving max. 20 miles per hour not more sure only in winter time and yes it worked like charm.

What we can learn from that is that simple and stupid solutions are usually still stupid solutions he he ...but thay are still simple and again stupid....

However back to the topic:

I guess I sold the laptop too early what should I done is reduce the cpu to 50% or disable one core maybe. Great solution, thank you.

You sure make my day 🙂 🙂 🙂 🙂 

HP Recommended

To francoisgonenc:

You are watching HD movie and the cpu temperature is 53 C ...yeaaahhhh right and elephants can fly. 🙂 🙂 🙂

And second thing if you read my post then you should know my temperature went even lower on 45 c but in IDLE !!!!!!! I didnt buy computer to be in IDLE !!!!!!

HP Recommended

as a private user I can say,

- replacing the old fan with a new SILENT one with less DB value must resolve the problem. (for noise)

- Renew (thermal silver grease), Clean the fan and air out grill from dust blocks (for overheating)
- if everything is ok you can drop above mentioned CPU Performance value between 67%-90% it is up to you to test the temperature a bit more using Speedfan. So friends, don't try to open your notebook yourself because you must unmount 95% of notebook parts before you reach the noisy fan and hot cpu. lol.

HP Recommended

Hey all.
I may have found the solution to the problem of overheating and fan noise.
The problem is poor cooling paste on all processors.
Open the laptop and remove the CPU cooler. Remove all old cooling paste and replace with eg. Arctic Silver 5
Clean the fan for dust.
This had a HUGE improvement on my DV7-2070. Laptop was like new. Cold and stable.

HP, you have a cooling problem pasta!

HP Recommended

yes arctic silver 5 is extremely effective for good result. Don't fix spring screws too much to leave space for paste on cpu.

HP Recommended

oh no it's happening to my dv7-6c40ed too

but i have intel i7 and a crappy intel "HD" video card

it's not that hot but DAAYUM does it make a lot of noise

HP Recommended
Best post. I'll try blowing air, and I'll get a different machine next time. Everyone seems to like Asus.
HP Recommended

My Pavillion slows way down when the CPU gets hot. I did start using an ice pack under the ne corner of the lptop and that fixed the problem. Can you suggest a better one?

Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.