cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
    Information
    Fix HP Printer issue in macOS

A [software component] will damage your computer message displays when printing or while installing - Click Here

Information
    Fix Windows 10 Update Issues

Resolve Windows 10 or update issues on HP computer or printer– Click Here

• post a message
    Information
    Fix HP Printer issue in macOS

A [software component] will damage your computer message displays when printing or while installing - Click Here

Information
    Fix Windows 10 Update Issues

Resolve Windows 10 or update issues on HP computer or printer– Click Here

• post a message
ArchivedThis topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
Highlighted
5 2 0 0
Message 1 of 7
Flag Post

HP Pavilion DV7-4180 Sound Problems

HP Recommended

Hi all

I have recently purchased a HP Pavilion DV7-4180. Eversince day one i have been having issues muting the sound.

If i press the f11 key to mute the sounds, it displays the orange light on the button and the speaker icon turns red, but i still hear sounds from skype and my browser.

The only way i can seem to turn the sound off totally is by manually turning the volumn down by pressing f9 so the bar empty.

Surely if i press the mute button f11 all sounds should mute????

Do i have to configure something or am i doing something wrong?

Many thanks in advance.

Paul

P.S. I also have an issues with playing music it jumps and makes funny noises. I followed some advice from one of the forums and disabling the hard drive protection seemed to have done the job. Not happy that my hard drive is now not protected.

0 Kudos
6 REPLIES 6
Highlighted
Level 11
Level 11
3,008 2,997 220 358
Message 2 of 7
Flag Post
HP Recommended

That sounded like hardware mulfunctioned. I would suggest to have it serviced since you recently purchased it so probably still under waranty. If you want try it your self, maybe start with bios update.

**Make it easier for other people to find solutions, by marking my answer with "Accept as Solution" if it solves your issue. **
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Author
5 2 0 0
Message 3 of 7
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Hi

Thanks for the advise. I have updated the Bios driver, sound driver and quick launch driver and i still have the same issue.

Thanks

Paul

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Level 11
Level 11
3,008 2,997 220 358
Message 4 of 7
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Do you have a bluetooth earphone or are we talking about the intenal speaker here?

**Make it easier for other people to find solutions, by marking my answer with "Accept as Solution" if it solves your issue. **
Highlighted
Author
5 2 0 0
Message 5 of 7
Flag Post
HP Recommended

I am using the built in speakers.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Level 11
Level 11
3,008 2,997 220 358
Message 6 of 7
Flag Post
HP Recommended

If a bios update doesn't solve the problem, most likely some hardware problem, best have it serviced, because it could be a number of different things.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
2 1 0 0
Message 7 of 7
Flag Post
HP Recommended

I own dv7 4043. I have had no probs since a year. Two days ago received a driver update for  sound and everything  is messed up....now the brightness levels cannot be adjusted f2 f3. I have the same sound problem .Have been at it for two days now to no avail.......hp must address this issue.....someone should know what the heck is going on..........

f11 staying red......nothing happens when you press the this mute button. Please someone help.

0 Kudos
ArchivedThis topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation