cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
Highlighted
1 0 0 0
Message 1 of 3
Flag Post
HP Recommended

HP Pavilion G6 Battery Issues & Heat Issues

I have an HP Pavilion G6, (AMD A6 Vision quad core, AMD Radeon Graphics) running Win7 (64 bit) Home Premium that is giving me a couple issues:

1.  The laptop runs extremely hot.  (I know it has a single fan - so part of the issue).  I've burned myself a couple times when touching the left side where the vent is located.  Always use this with a USB cooling fan pad underneath now!  Is there anything to help cool it down more?

2.  I have my power settings set to maximize battery life.  When using my G6 on battery, it will abruptly shut off ( not giving the low battery warning) when the battery is still charged.  I've had it happen with as much as 78% battery still left and as low as 30% battery still left.  It seems to happen most frequently in the 50-60% range.  I'm only able to use it about 30 minutes unplugged. 

I don't think that I have switchable graphics.

Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated? 

Cheers!

K

0 Kudos
2 REPLIES 2
Highlighted
Level 9
2,800 2,766 181 738
Message 2 of 3
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Hello kja107,

Your laptop is getting to hot and the battery is not holding a charge.

The laptop may be shutting off because the system is getting too hot, not from the battery.

Go to HP .com and update the BIOS. This may help with the heat.

Here is a link to the update. You’ll need your product number.

You can find this information by holding the FN key and pressing the ESC key.

Make sure that there is no buildup of dust inside the computer by cleaning the vents with compressed air.

Here is a link to a document that will show you how to reduce heat.

Also here is a link to test and calibrate the battery.

Let me know how everything goes.

Have a good day.

Highlighted
6 4 0 0
Message 3 of 3
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Hallo. My laptop is hp pavilion g6.  I am using windows 8.1. The laptop's battery lasts for less than thirty minutes when its not plugged in and the laptop overheats excessively. Please help

<script charset="UTF-8" type="application/javascript" src="chrome://hdv/content/hdv.js"></script>
0 Kudos
This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation