cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
4 3 0 0
Message 1 of 7
Flag Post
HP Recommended

HP Pavilion G6 with MS Office 2007

HP Pavilion G6

I installed Microsoft Office Professional 2007 in this laptop and I need to know where to go to move the icons to the desktop. I cannot find the icons?? Thanks LexPaul

0 Kudos
6 REPLIES 6
Highlighted
Level 19
Level 19
81,361 81,254 10,140 21,792
Message 2 of 7
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Hi,

What is the Operating system of your computer ? Normally you can try :for XP, Vista and Windows 7:

(a) Click Start,

(b) Click all Programs,

(c) Click Microsoft Office,

(d) Right click to Word and click send to Desktop

Same for Excel ...

For Windows 8, 8.1 and 10 hit Win key, you can see them there.

Regards.

BH
**Click the KUDOS thumb up on the left to say 'Thanks'**
Make it easier for other people to find solutions by marking a Reply 'Accept as Solution' if it solves your problem.
0 Kudos
Highlighted
4 3 0 0
Message 3 of 7
Flag Post
HP Recommended

this laptop was given to me and i do not know much about it. It has Windows 10 Home. I do not know where the WIN button is. The laptop was restored to factory settings after being overloaded with games and such. The Windows feature no longer comes up? Thanks 

0 Kudos
Highlighted
4 3 0 0
Message 4 of 7
Flag Post
HP Recommended

when I look in system settings, I see the excel, word, outlook programs, but the drop down menus on them say not available??

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Level 19
Level 19
Message 5 of 7
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Hi,

The WIN key is the key which has Windows symbol on it. It is close to Shift key, normally between Ctrl key and Alt key. Under Windows 10, please hit it, it will give you ALL icons by groups and in alphabetical order. You can pin Excel, Word .... to the Taskbar for easy access by

(a) Right click the icon,

(b) Select Pin to Taskbar.

Regards.

BH
Make it easier for other people to find solutions by marking a Reply 'Accept as Solution' if it solves your problem.
0 Kudos
Highlighted
4 3 0 0
Message 6 of 7
Flag Post
HP Recommended

the WIN key does not work on this laptop. Is there a way to manually access the icons manually

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Level 19
Level 19
Message 7 of 7
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Hi,

Well, could be harware failure. Can you use USB keyboard (external) ?

Regards

BH
0 Kudos
This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation