Note on archived topics.

This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant.
If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
Nightz Honor Student
Honor Student
2 0 0
Message 1 of 3
Flag Post
HP Recommended

HP Pavilion. Impossivel to format or Update the BIOS

HP Pavilion Model 11-n041ca

Hello guys im Having a big hard time with my Girlfriend Notebook.

So what happended was..

Her HD was making a wierd noise..  Suddenly stops work.. ok

I bought a SSD 120gb. Installed the SSD.. tried to boot the system by USB with windows version 7..8.1 and 10.. no sucess

the BIOS just doesn't regonize the boot..

I tried all formats.. Fat..FAT32.. GPT.. and so on..

so i put the SSD in my computer.. and i installed the windows ..everything was working well.. i moved the SSD to her HP .. NOthing.. looks that the HD is empty.. i did all the tests i got "Passed".

So ok. lets try Update the BIOS.. the current version is 1.8.0.0

I downloaded the last one.. so when you Boot.. pressing ESQ .. and then F2 it brings me to test page..
So if i press F9 select the USB ..BIOS file.. doesn't work as well it tell me that the Boot couldnt be find..

Thank you in advance..

0 Kudos
2 REPLIES
Provost Provost
Provost
45598 4302 10938
Message 2 of 3
Flag Post
HP Recommended

What specific SSD (brand, model) did you install and what is the complete product name or product number of the notebook?  

If her notebook is an older one, it probably won't recognize a GPT, UEFI type format. That is if your install was GPT. Was it a GPT or MBR type disk?

The complete Model Name. or Product Number. of the notebook - see This HP web document if you don't how to locate the model number and\or product number.

Without being provided with complete information it is more than a little difficult for me to know what your girlfriend's notebook has for a hardware platform, and that is important.

Click on the Thumbs up to say thanks .
If your problem is solved or question answered by my post, please click the Accepted Solution button in that post.

0 Kudos
Nightz Honor Student
Honor Student
2 0 0
Message 3 of 3
Flag Post
HP Recommended

The HP model is. Hp Pavilion 11. 11-n041ca
Bios version. F.15
Product number : K3Q31UA#ABL

SSD info: ADATA premier SP550 sata III
0 Kudos

Note on archived topics.

This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant.
If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation