Note on archived topics.

This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant.
If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
crabman198 Student
Student
1 0 0
Message 1 of 2
Flag Post
HP Recommended

HP Pavilion Notebook - 15-ab247cl

HP Pavilion Notebook - 15-ab24
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

Trying to find out if the HP Pavilion Notebook - 15-ab247cl has an internal battery and what it would mean if and when the battery fails.  Or if it is a replacable battery without sending it in to replace.

Thank You

1 REPLY
Provost Provost
Provost
13350 1254 2974
Message 2 of 2
Flag Post
HP Recommended

HP Pavilion Notebook - 15-ab247cl

crabman198

Hello;

Allow me to welcome you to the HP forums!

All laptops have internal CMOS batteries as they are needed to retain the CMOS settings when the laptop is shut down.

This is the link to the Maintenance and Service manual for your PC: http://h10032.www1.hp.com/ctg/Manual/c04642845

On page 54, it shows the steps for accessing and removing the battery.

If you remove the battery, that will reset the CMOS settings -- but you can easily change them once the battery is replaced and you restart the laptop.

Good Luck

***If my post helped, click the White thumbs-up symbol to say thanks***

***Please mark Accept As Solution if my post solved your problem***

I am a volunteer and I do not work for, nor represent, HP

Note on archived topics.

This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant.
If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation