Note on archived topics.

This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant.
If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
Shamone29 Honor Student
Honor Student
2 0 0 0
Message 1 of 3
Flag Post
HP Recommended

HP Pavilion Notebook-Unable to connect to the internet

Forthe past 2 weeks I've had difficulty connecting to to the internet. I keep getting the message "Page can't be displayed"

I've talked to several technicians and they can't seem to find the problem and it's not my internet provider. My notebook is only 5 months old and it's truly frustrating because I can't find a resolution. Can someone please help me???

0 Kudos
2 REPLIES 2
Highlighted
Retired
Retired
3544 3409 221 568
Message 2 of 3
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Hello @Shamone29 ,

Welcome to the HP Forums!

I understand you're having issues with wireless connectivity on your notebook.

It would help to know which product and operating system you are using. For information on finding your product and model numbers click here: How Do I Find My Model Number or Product Number? To see which version of Windows you are using click here: Which Windows operating system am I running?

Powercycle the network:
1. Shut down your notebook.
2. Unplug the power to your router.
3. Unplug the power to your modem.
4. Wait at least 45 seconds.
5. Plug in the modem, and wait for it to come back online.
6. Plug in the router, and wait for it to come back online.
7. Turn on your notebook, and test your connection.

Reset the TCP/IP settings on your PC:
1. Go to your start screen/menu and type CMD.
2. Right click on the command prompt icon and chose Run as administrator.
3. In the window that opens type "netsh int ip reset resetlog.txt" without quotes, and press enter.
4. Restart your PC and test.

It may also help to reset the winsock catalogue:
1. Go to your start screen/menu and type CMD.
2. Right click on the command prompt icon and chose Run as administrator.
3. In the window that opens type "netsh winsock reset" without quotes, and press enter.
4. Restart your PC and test.

Reinstall the network adapter drivers:
1. Download the drivers from here but do not run them yet.
2. Go to your start screen/menu and type Device Manager.
3. Expand Network adapters.
4. Right click on the wireless adapter and choose Uninstall.
5. Run the downloaded drivers from step 1.
6. Restart your PC and test.

Test an ethernet connection:

Self explanatory. Test if the issue persists on a wired connection to rule out the wireless adapter hardware so troubleshooting can be directed towards the right areas.

Test another connection:

Many people rule out their home network as an issue if another device is working on the same network. Networking is not that simple. Each device interacts differently with your router or modem and it is impossible to rule out settings in that device until the notebook has been tested on another network.

If those three steps do not resolve the issue, try this document published by Microsoft for networking issues: Wired and wireless network problems. You can change the operating system with the dropdown in the upper-right corner of the document.

Let me know if this helps! Smiley Happy

Great-Deku-Tree
I work on behalf of HP

If you found this post helpful, you can let others know by clicking the Accept as Solution button. You can also show your appreciation, with a kudos, by clicking the thumbs up" button!

Tags (1)
Peter1990 Student
Student
1 1 0 0
Message 3 of 3
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Thank you very much network reset worked fne

0 Kudos

Note on archived topics.

This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant.
If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation