Having trouble signing in? Try this!
Ask questions. Help others.
The HP Community is here for you.
Post new question
Question

Note on archived topics.
This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant.
If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here, or click on "Post new question" above and select the appropriate board.
Student
Message 1 of 5 (182 Views)

HP Pavilion Notebook has Performance Issues and Slow Response Time

Product Name: Pavilion -15- ab029tx
Operating System: Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)
Hi HP, I have been having this issue since I bought this Pavilion series laptop. Its been a year and I didn't report this issue earlier as I thought it was just a small lag but it has aggravated. My laptop is running quite slowly as compared to other PCs. Whenever I open a new task, or search something in Cortana, open a new program, or even do a right-click for a refresh it keeps it takes around 10-15 seconds to respond on average. Even tasks which have no overhead like creating a new folder are also quite slow with a similar waiting time period of 10 seconds. It has become frustrating. I am not a hardware engineer but this doesn't seem to be a hardware problem. I have noticed that its performance dropped whenever the Nvidia GeForce Drivers and ExperienceService upgraded. Plus nowadays it has started to become hot too. I would also like to point out that when my notebook upgraded Windows from 8.1 to 10 its performance became better till the time Nvidia drivers got upgraded and gained Windows 10 support.During the period from Windows upgrade to Nvidia upgrade all the functions ran smoothly plus the responce time was great. It would be great if you could help resolve this issue as I am sure many other users would have been experiencing the same. Regards Pritish Sehzpaul
0 Kudos
Teacher
Message 2 of 5 (167 Views)

Re: HP Pavilion Notebook has Performance Issues and Slow Response Time

Hi,

back up all your data from your computer on to an external hardware or a flash drive , and then run a recovery on the computer , the recovery will cause the computer to go back to windows 8.1  and all the data will be lsot and u will have to update it to windows 10 again , steps to run recovery 

•  power down the note book 
  • as soon as you hit the power button , keep tapping the esc key on the top left corner until a new window opens up(the start up menu ) 
  • choose the option f11 and choose the option trouble shooting, and run the option called recovery
Provost
Message 3 of 5 (164 Views)

PritishSehzpaul

Hello;

Allow me to welcome you to the HP forums!

Sorry, but the built-in HP Recovery process is most likely to fail.  This is because the Win10 Upgrade is known to corrupt the HP Recovery information: HP Recovery Manager Blocked After Windows 10 Upgrade - HP Support Forum - 5170752

If you are certain that the Nvidia driver update caused the performance degradation, then why not simply remove those drivers and rollback to an earlier version?

After that, you should then modify Win10 to not do any more driver updates: How to stop Windows 10 from automatically updating device drivers - windows 10 - Windows 10

Good Luck

***If my post helped, click the White thumbs-up symbol to say thanks***

***Please mark Accept As Solution if my post solved your problem***

I am a volunteer and I do not work for, nor represent, HP
Teacher
Message 4 of 5 (139 Views)

Hi,

recovery partition may not be corrupted also , least when i came across few computers where the recovery was successful , pls do give it a try

Teacher
Message 5 of 5 (135 Views)

try performing the recovery from the f11 and not from the operating system 

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation