cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
    Information
    Know the Benefits of your HP account

Connect with HP support faster, manage all your devices in one place, view warranty information and more– Click Here

Information
    Fix Windows 10 Update Issues

Resolve Windows 10 or update issues on HP computer or printer– Click Here

• post a message
    Information
    Know the Benefits of your HP account

Connect with HP support faster, manage all your devices in one place, view warranty information and more– Click Here

Information
    Fix Windows 10 Update Issues

Resolve Windows 10 or update issues on HP computer or printer– Click Here

• post a message
ArchivedThis topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
Highlighted
1 0 0 0
Message 1 of 1
Flag Post

HP Pavilion Sleekbook 15 b-150sv downgrade from win8

HP Recommended

Hello, yesterday i downgraded my sleekbook from w8 to w7 for the reasons everyone that has used w8 has mentioned.

I found almost all drivers(not sure if all are right,i will explain later why) and currently working on the 2-3 remaining drivers(PCI and ethernet controller and i'm suspecting something is wrong with the vga ones)

2 serious problems that occured are, when i did the first majority of updates(105 at once i believe), after the restart to configure them, the system wouldnt boot. Booted in safe mode and reversed the updates. Now there are some updates pending but frightened to do them atm.
Second issue is that if i hybernate the notebook, when i turn it on again, it never resumes windows..after the loading windows screen it goes to a black screen for ever. Also, from complete shut down system, 3 out of 4 times , it needs 2-3 forced shutdowns before booting normally. Same with hybernate, after the starting windows screen it blacks out and stays there.

Any tips/suggestions? I'm thinking probably vga drivers, since i installed them from catalyst which i believe gives u some generic drivers.

Thanks in advance,
George db.

0 Kudos
ArchivedThis topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation