Note on archived topics.

This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant.
If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
erniecolorado12 Top Student
Top Student
5 0 0
Message 1 of 7
Flag Post
HP Recommended

HP Pavilion X's - 13-s122nr (ENERGY STAR)

x360 13-s122nr laptop
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

I need to know how I upgrade to 16 gb on this machine? Send me a link on how I can do it myself. Thank you. If there is a video tutorial, let me know. Thank you.

0 Kudos
6 REPLIES
Provost Provost
Provost
37047 5589 9634
Message 2 of 7
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Here is the Service Manual:

Manual

See p. 38 for "how-to". It requires motherboard removal and is not an easy thing but it will take 16 gigs of RAM. 

You need 2 of these:

8-GB (PCL3, 12800, 1600) 693374-005

https://www.amazon.com/Kingston-Technology-1600MHz-PC3-12800-KVR16LS11/dp/B00CQ35HBQ/ref=sr_1_1?ie=U...

This video is horrible but together with the Manual might help to some extent:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RtHcYe6AsOc

If this is "the Answer" please click "Accept as Solution" to help others find it. 

0 Kudos
Top Student
5 0 0
Message 3 of 7
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Too much trouble. I will just pay the Geek Squad at Best Buy to upgrade the RAM for me.

0 Kudos
Provost Provost
Provost
37047 5589 9634
Message 4 of 7
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Well, good luck with that. I would not have Geek Squad change a battery in a flashlight. And you asked for the instructions so a minimal thanks for the effort might be appropriate. I don't work for HP so had no obligation to answer. Great doin' business with ya. 

0 Kudos
Top Student
5 0 0
Message 5 of 7
Flag Post
HP Recommended

You have a very negative and strange attitude. I did not say I was not thankful for your attempted help, but some people have neither the time or the patience to take out things in their laptop to upgrade their memory, for example. You talk like you know every person who works for Best Buy.

I know MANY people who had their computers upgraded, fixed or serviced and had 5 star service with the Geek Squad. You also have to understand they work behind a desk dealing with piss poor rude and selfish people in the public who cannot understand the logistics of what it takes in the technology field either.

They are people just like you and me. I actually had a computer built using parts I bought from them, and I am typing to you on that very computer. They did a great job.

So take your condescending negative narcissistic mindset to a different place, because I did not ask for it, and it reflects NEGATIVELY on Hewlett Packard, whether you work for them or not.

By the way, I can get different brands of memory other than Kingston from Best Buy that have the same specifications. Finally, please do not bother to respond. I am not going to converse with you anymore. You need to get some counseling on how to work in the service industry and not make uneducated judgements as a whole.

0 Kudos
Provost Provost
Provost
37047 5589 9634
Message 6 of 7
Flag Post
HP Recommended

For the record I will respond whether you like it or not. I have NEVER had a positive experience with the Geek Squad and I have searched your prior posts in vain for any indication that you expressed any gratitude for the extensive research I did in reponse to your direct request that implied you had the ability to do such an upgrade. You came in here barking orders like you were ordering breakfast at the diner. I thought I was dealing with a competent person but it turns out you are apparently not. By the way if you take this to Best Buy they will not upgrade the memory in the shop but will send it out. But I think you know that already cause you work there or your relative does. I seriously doubt this was ever a legitimate request for help but was a trolling post. 

0 Kudos
Top Student
5 0 0
Message 7 of 7
Flag Post
HP Recommended

YOu are an idiot. They do not send it out. They do it right there in the shop. And they did it the same day. I just ahd it done today. i am not a troll. You are very strange indeed. Please stop harassing me you moron.

0 Kudos

Note on archived topics.

This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant.
If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation