Note on archived topics.

This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant.
If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
andiemac Student
Student
1 0 0
Message 1 of 2
Flag Post
HP Recommended

HP Pavilion dm4 left hand usb port not functioning

Pavilion dm4
Microsoft Windows 10 (32-bit)

The left USB port does not work at all. I have tried several devices and USB chords with no recognition by the computer and no power to the devices. I also tried uninstalling and restarting the computer already per instructions from other posts. There also does not seem to be any physical damage. Is there some other step I should try or is there a way to install a new port(if thats the issue)?

Side note: I do not actually know if it's 32 or 64 bit Windows 10.

0 Kudos
1 REPLY
Retired
Retired
16542 952 2192
Message 2 of 2
Flag Post
HP Recommended

HP Pavilion dm4 left hand usb port not functioning

Hi @andimac,

Welcome to the HP Support Community!

In your post, you had said that currently your HP Pavilion dm4 Notebook does not recognizing a USB device. Here is a link to troubleshoot USB connections.

I would uninstall everything listed in the Universal serial bus controllers list with no USB connected at the time of uninstall.

Please note remove any and all USB devices, and remove memory cards from the card reader slot. Disconnect all non-essential devices before uninstalling Universal serial bus controllers.

Restart your computer and then insert the USB device.

If the above does not help you could try using the Windows Update Troubleshooting tool to fix any updates that have not come through for Windows. This is a download. http://ow.ly/X9lAd.

Please let me know how this goes.

Please click the Thumbs up below to thank me for trying to help you.

Thanks. 

Please click “Accept as Solution ” if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others find the solution.
Click the “Kudos, Thumbs Up" on the bottom left to say “Thanks” for helping.

I work on behalf of HP
0 Kudos

Note on archived topics.

This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant.
If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation