cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
    Information
    Know the Benefits of your HP account

Connect with HP support faster, manage all your devices in one place, view warranty information and more– Click Here

Information
    Fix Windows 10 Update Issues

Resolve Windows 10 or update issues on HP computer or printer– Click Here

• post a message
    Information
    Know the Benefits of your HP account

Connect with HP support faster, manage all your devices in one place, view warranty information and more– Click Here

Information
    Fix Windows 10 Update Issues

Resolve Windows 10 or update issues on HP computer or printer– Click Here

• post a message
This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
Highlighted
2 1 0 0
Message 1 of 4
Flag Post

HP Pavilion dv4-1502TU Keyboard not working

HP Recommended

HP Pavilion dv4-1502TU notebook keyboard not working properly. The system is running Windows 7 Home edition. While some of the keys like Caps Lock, Esc, Function keys etc seem to write fine, the alphanumeric keys do not seem to work. They seem mapped to some other keys, when I try. However, when I open the on-screen keyboard, I am able to type properly using the laptop keyboard. Once I close it, the keyboard doesnt seem to work again.

0 Kudos
3 REPLIES 3
Highlighted
Level 9
4,677 4,711 236 575
Message 2 of 4
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Hi sonygabriel,

Take a look at this document and follow the steps and see if that helps.  Please let me know.

Signature
↙-----------How do I give Kudos?| How do I mark a post as Solved? ----------------↓
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Author
2 1 0 0
Message 3 of 4
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Hi,

Thanks for taking the time to respond to my query. Unfortunately, I do not think the issue is either with the NumLok or using a different language keyboard. I had checked both these possibilities earlier itself. As regards the BIOS changes, I am not quite comfortable doing that unless I have some sort of help to do that. Thanks again for taking the time to respond to my query.

The issue I am facing is that some of the keys seem to work, but most of them do not (some appear mapped to wierd characters, while others just do not do anything). However, when I use the on-screen keyboard everything works well. I even tried an external USB keyboard, but the result was the same as my notebook keyboard.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Level 9
4,677 4,711 236 575
Message 4 of 4
Flag Post
HP Recommended

The BIOS changes was what I was wanting you to do in that document, because as you said, the other symptoms didn't fit.

Here is a more detailed document on how to do it.    I hope it helps.

Signature
↙-----------How do I give Kudos?| How do I mark a post as Solved? ----------------↓
0 Kudos
This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation