cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
ArchivedThis topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
kvevea
3 2 0 0
Message 1 of 6
Flag Post

HP Pavilion dv6 3025dx VERY low/little volume from PC speakers each when set at highest levels

HP Recommended

VERY little, low volume when (for example) playing movies via windows media player.

I have checked and rechecked the configurations - volume is set at 100%

I have reinstalled  the sound driver for the audio - I am running V6.10.6269.0

Lastest BIO installed, any suggestions? 

Thanks for the help with this!

0 Kudos
5 REPLIES 5
DavidPK
Level 18
49,520 49,455 9,902 16,850
Message 2 of 6
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Hi,

One thing that can sometimes help is the following.  Right click the speaker icon in the Taskbar and select 'Playback Devices'.  Left click the default device once to highlight it ( it's usually 'speakers & headphones' ) then click the Properties button.  Click the Enhancements tab and put a tick in the box next to 'Loudness Equalization'.  Click Apply to save the change and then click OK in all remaining windows and see if this has helped at all.

Regards,

DP-K

---------------------------------------------------------------------------

****Click the White thumb to say thanks****
****Please mark Accept As Solution if it solves your problem****
****I don't work for HP****

Windows Insider MVP

0 Kudos
kvevea
Author
3 2 0 0
Message 3 of 6
Flag Post
HP Recommended

thanks - sorry - tried this and then windows media failed - would not work... changed this back to nothing checked for/under enhnacements - speakers set at 100% -speakers and headphones are the default device..

driver IDT 2/1/2010 V6.10.6269.0 file version 6.1.7601.18276 (win7sp1_gdr.131003-1533)

any other suggestions would be very helpful 🙂

0 Kudos
DavidPK
Level 18
49,520 49,455 9,902 16,850
Message 4 of 6
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Hi,

The effectiveness ( or whether the enhancements option is even available ) is dependant on the audio driver loaded, so it may be worth trying an alternative as follows.

Download the IDT Audio installer on the link below and save it to your Downloads folder.

http://ftp.hp.com/pub/softpaq/sp47501-48000/sp47978.exe

When done, open windows Control Panel, open Device Manager and expand Sound, Video and Game Controllers.  Right click the IDT device and select Uninstall - you should also get a prompt to remove the current driver, tick the box to allow this and then proceed with the uninstall.

When complete, restart the notebook and let Windows fully load - it will load a generic audio driver, but just let this complete.  Then, open your Downloads folder, right click on the IDT installer and select 'Run as Administrator' to start the installation.  When this has completed, right click the speaker icon in the Taskbar and select Playback Devices.  Left click 'Speakers and Headphones' once to highlight it and then click the Set Default button - check if there's any improvement in the volume level ( and also if the enhancements option I mentionedpreviously has any effect ).

Regards,

DP-K

---------------------------------------------------------------------------

****Click the White thumb to say thanks****
****Please mark Accept As Solution if it solves your problem****
****I don't work for HP****

Windows Insider MVP

kvevea
Author
3 2 0 0
Message 5 of 6
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Thanks - I went thought all steps exactly - no change in volume, however this time changes (after new driver loaded) to the  enhancements option were possisble and did help some - I would guess that the volume improved approx 10-15%.

There still seems to be a fundamental problem with the driver as I am able to play the same files (media files) for example on a HP elitebook 8470p and have 2x the volume.

It seems from the fourms that many people have had/are having the same problem with this and this would really imply a software defect with the device driver....

0 Kudos
Justtoreply11
1 1 0 0
Message 6 of 6
Flag Post
HP Recommended

I created an account just to let you know that you inspired me to find the correct audio drivers from HP's website and that fixed this issue for me! Thank you!

0 Kudos
ArchivedThis topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation