cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
    Information
    Know the Benefits of your HP account

Connect with HP support faster, manage all your devices in one place, view warranty information and more– Click Here

Information
    Fix Windows 10 Update Issues

Resolve Windows 10 or update issues on HP computer or printer– Click Here

• post a message
    Information
    Know the Benefits of your HP account

Connect with HP support faster, manage all your devices in one place, view warranty information and more– Click Here

Information
    Fix Windows 10 Update Issues

Resolve Windows 10 or update issues on HP computer or printer– Click Here

• post a message
ArchivedThis topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
Highlighted
Level 1
14 11 0 0
Message 1 of 6
Flag Post

HP Pavilion dv6-3216us choppy or slow sound

HP Recommended

I have a Pavilion dv6-3216us configured as follows:

M480

4 GB RAM

2.67GHz

i5 processor

Windows 7 64-bit

when playing from any media player the sound is choppy, it hesitates, or is just slow.  I have delketed and updated the audio drivers, I have uninstalled and reinstalled and disabled the HP Power Assistant as well.  I cannot seem to get this problem resolved. 

Thank you.

0 Kudos
5 REPLIES 5
Highlighted
Level 7
Level 7
945 934 45 145
Message 2 of 6
Flag Post
HP Recommended

If you've already installed the latest driver, I would recommend making sure you also have the latest BIOS version.

There is also automated troubleshooting in Win 7, check out this doc, it has a section on audio

http://support.hp.com/us-en/document/c02970931

I am an HP employee
Knowledge is power...Power to the people
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Level 3
Level 3
44 44 0 3
Message 3 of 6
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Hi,

If the sound was working fine before,  please try to perform a system restore on your Notebook using the steps given below.

1. Open System Restore by clicking the Start button .

2. In the search box, type System Restore, and then, in the list of results, click System Restore. 

3. If you're prompted for an administrator password or confirmation, type the password or provide confirmation.

4. Follow the steps in the wizard to choose a restore point and restore your computer.

Note: Before you start System Restore, save any open files and close all programs. System Restore will restart your PC.

I am an HP employee.

Regards,
Jashy

Make it easier for other people to find solutions, by marking my answer “Accept as Solution” if it solves your problem.***Click on “Kudos” STAR to say thanks!***

I work for HP
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Author
Level 1
14 11 0 0
Message 4 of 6
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Thank you. I ran the audio troubleshooting tool but it found no problems.  I then updated the BIOS to the latest release available on the HP driver download site.  Still no joy. 

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Author
Level 1
14 11 0 0
Message 5 of 6
Flag Post
HP Recommended

The sound has not worked properly since the day I purchased the machine.  I am reluctant to do a full system restore as I am not convinced it will resolve the problem.  Thanks for the advice but that is a last resort at the moment. 

So that I know what I am looking at, if I were to do a full restore do I lose everything on my machine including audio files, personal files, etc?

thank you again

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Level 3
Level 3
44 44 0 3
Message 6 of 6
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Hi, 

Please note that by performing a System Restore, your personal files and documents on the notebook are not affected. However, performing a System Recovery will certainly wipe all the files and documents in your unit.

Also, System Restore will only help if the unit was working fine before. As you have mentioned  the sound has not worked properly since the day you purchased the machine, I would suggest you to try connecting a headphone on your notebook and check whether the issue still persists. 

If the sound is working fine while using the headphone then it can be an issue with the internal speakers. You may also try connecting an external speakers to isolate the issue or try playing the default audio file that was preshipped with the notebook. 

Microsoft too has a fixit, which you may run visiting the web link below. 

http://support.microsoft.com/mats/AudioPlayback/

Let me know whether this helps

regards

Jashy

I work for HP
ArchivedThis topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation