Note on archived topics.

This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant.
If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
sunshinemiracle Honor Student
Honor Student
3 0 0 0
Message 1 of 2
Flag Post
HP Recommended

HP Pavilion dv6-4023tx upgrade CPU

HP Pavilion dv6-4023tx
Microsoft Windows 7 (64-bit)

Hi, 

Is that possible for me to upgrade CPU for HP Pavilion dv6-4023tx?  What is the best CPU support this laptop that I can upgrade for?  The application I am using photoshop, archiCAD19, Cinema4D R17, platform is Window 7 64bits

Thanks

Philip

0 Kudos
1 REPLY 1
Provost Provost
Provost
38149 37969 5796 10070
Message 2 of 2
Flag Post
HP Recommended

HP Pavilion dv6-4023tx upgrade CPU

You've got the i7-2630 at 2 ghz, 4 gigs RAM and the 1 gb HD 6570M video chip. 

The top processor is an i7-2820QM at 2.3 ghz. You have the top video chip. Video is soldered to the motherboard so there is nothing you can do with video. Maximum RAM is 8 gigs. 

Right now HP Manual are not accessible, but will come online in a day or so so post back if you need more specific instruction. The software you run is very demanding and if the laptop as configured is not getting the job done the upgrade to the highest processor and 8 gigs RAM will provide some boost but not a lot. You might want to consider a new laptop. The memory upgrade will be cheap and easy but the processor upgrade is somewhat expensive. 

You might also want to consider a solid state drive. Fully upgraded with the processor, memory, and a solid state drive, your laptop would be still useable and even powerful but still about 60-70% the power of a new i7 6th or 7th gen laptop. 

If this is "the Answer" please click "Accept as Solution" to help others find it. 

0 Kudos

Note on archived topics.

This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant.
If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation