Information
    Fix Windows 10 Update Issues

Resolve Windows 10 or update issues on HP computer or printer– Click Here

• post a message
    Information
    Fix Windows 10 Update Issues

Resolve Windows 10 or update issues on HP computer or printer– Click Here

• post a message
This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
Highlighted
Level 1
1 0 0 6
Message 1 of 15
Flag Post

HP Pavilion dv6 61xx Windows 10 Drivers

HP Recommended
HP Pavilion dv6 61xx

HP will going to make drivers for Windows 10 for HP Pavilion dv6 61xx family?

Because HP only have drivers for Windows 7 and forgot the drivers for Windows 8, and many people want new update drivers for this laptop family, i spend 900€ for my HP DV6 6190SP and i want my laptop update. 

Im using now the technical preview of Windows 10, and now the bugs i know from your drivers is the BEATS AUDIO drivers have bugs and this bugs its from windows 8, for example the graphic equalizer not work. 

Please HP its time do make drivers for this laptop family that you forgot. 

14 REPLIES 14
Highlighted
Retired
Retired
14,461 14,098 714 1,909
Message 2 of 15
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Hi @luismatosdias,

I have brought your issue to the attention of an appropriate team within HP. They will likely request information from you in order to look up your case details or product serial number. Please look for a private message from an identified HP contact. Additionally, keep in mind not to publicly post serial numbers and case details.

If you are unfamiliar with how the Forum's private message capability works, this post has instructions.

Sparkles1

Highlighted
Level 3
41 30 0 7
Message 3 of 15
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Hi,

what about all of your customers ?.

I have dv6t. it cost me over 1000$ .

I can upgrade to win 10 ?.

Highlighted
Level 1
1 1 0 3
Message 4 of 15
Flag Post
HP Recommended

I have a Pavilion dv6 too and I require a Win 10 Driver too.

I've had a two fold issue in that firstly the Windows 7 crashed, so I had to reformat the hard disk and install a vanilla Windows 7.  So then I went straight into Windows 10, and while it's installed, I have been lucky in that the only failing driver has been the ATI/AMD Radeon HD Graphics one. 

Windows Support has confirmed that my particular model of notebook hasn't been tested by HP for Windows 10 compatibility.  My ovious question is when will it be?

Cheers.

Highlighted
Retired
Retired
14,461 14,098 714 1,909
Message 5 of 15
Flag Post
HP Recommended

H @LiorAsis, @luismatosdias,

I have brought your issue to the attention of an appropriate team within HP. They will likely request information from you in order to look up your case details or product serial number. Please look for a private message from an identified HP contact. Additionally, keep in mind not to publicly post serial numbers and case details.

If you are unfamiliar with how the Forum's private message capability works, this post has instructions.

Sparkles1

Highlighted
Level 15
Level 15
23,488 23,427 2,169 5,116
Message 6 of 15
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Sparkles1:  I too have an HP dv6 laptop and mine (also) got trashed updating it to Win10.  I have since ordered and received the Recovery DVD set, so I am getting ready to do that recovery.

But, given the messages on this board about problems with this laptop, and the fact that HP has not (and probably will not) test it for Win10 compatibility, how do I know that after hours of recovering it, it's not going to crash again??

I posted another thread on this, but last time I checked, no one from HP has bothered to reply in any way.

I would appreciate you passing my concerns along to HP so someone can contact me and we can work through this.

Thanks in advance

***If my post helped, click the White thumbs-up symbol to say thanks***

***Please mark Accept As Solution if my post solved your problem***

I am a volunteer and I do not work for, nor represent, HP
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Level 1
2 2 0 4
Message 7 of 15
Flag Post
HP Recommended

I have not been successful either updating this system to Windows 10.  The issue seems to be with the graphics processor, the AMD 6700M.  Downloading the AMD Catalyst software and trying to install a driver update for the graphics processor causes a blue screen crash.

Prior to attempting to upgrade to Windows 10 I used Macrium Reflect (a free download) to create a system image.  I was able to revert to my Windows 7 system because of that image.  So I am posting this in hopes that others do not experience a system loss through an unsuccessful attempt to upgrade to Windows 10 on a DV6-6000 or any other system.  Do create a system image BEFOREHAND!

HP, please let us all know whether the AMD 6700M will ever be supported in Windows 10 and please do so ASAP!  Thank you.

Highlighted
Level 3
41 30 0 7
Message 8 of 15
Flag Post
HP Recommended

my laptop is a dv6 with i7-2630qm & 6770m.

I will send them this info & update here.

Highlighted
Retired
Retired
14,461 14,098 714 1,909
Message 9 of 15
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Hi @toddman2u,

Thank you for your query.

I grasp you have been unsuccessful in upgrading to Windows 10.  Here is a link to HP Notebook PCs - Upgrading to Windows 10 that may help.

If your notebook has not been tested by HP for Windows 10  and therefore do not list drivers here is a link to assist you.

Downloading or Updating Software and Drivers for HP Computers.

I hope this helps!

To say thanks for responding please click the thumbs up button below.

If this  resolve your difficulty please select solution provided to help other find this data.

Sparkles1

Highlighted
Level 1
2 2 0 4
Message 10 of 15
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Sparkles 1 -

I think the number of views of these comments is highly suggestive that those of us with systems which include the AMD 6770M graphics processor are having an issue with upgrading to Windows 10.  Please note that there is nothing to my knowledge published by HP or Microsoft that indicates our systems will not be successful in an upgrade to Windows 10.  Thus I expect many of us only learn after we try the upgrade and then encounter problems.  My experience was such that after trying a few times unsuccessfully to load a Windows 10 driver for the 6770M that the system then became unbootable.  Fortunately I had a system image from before attempting the upgrade to Windows 10 and I was able to revert that way to Windows 7.  But I suspect others may not be so fortunate.  And if the system does not boot, then you can't use Windows 10 to rollback to Windows 7 (which is something intended to be possible for 30 days).

Anyway, I think I am speaking for many in saying that we need more information from HP whether the 6770M will be supported for upgrade to Windows 10.

Thank you.

This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation