Information
    Fix Windows 10 Update Issues

Resolve Windows 10 or update issues on HP computer or printer– Click Here

• post a message
    Information
    Fix Windows 10 Update Issues

Resolve Windows 10 or update issues on HP computer or printer– Click Here

• post a message
This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
Highlighted
Level 3
41 29 4 0
Message 1 of 8
Flag Post

Solved!

HP Pavilion dv6 with Windows 7 - HP BIOS Update

HP Recommended

Good Afternoon,

When I run the HP Support Assistant, under the "updates & tune-ups" button; the "actions tab."  It tells me to update my BIOS.

I select it and in the drop down it shows the following:

• SoftPaq = SP61028
  • Version = F.29

I select the download button and it proceeds to the new window and follow the download processes.  When complete I choose to "restart" like requested.  Goes through the necessary process.  Back to desktop. 

If I open the HP Support Assistant and look under the same as in first sentence.  It tells me I need to update the BIOS and is the the same thing agian.

I tried 3 times to update my BIOS.  Is there a problem with the download? 

I seem to have some "odd" things going on with my notebook the last few weeks.  Hard to explain but I did post something earlier about Interactive Services Detection window popping up.  Also my Mozilla Firefox keep freezing up (not responding) along with a few other software.   I've been running tune-up and make sure I defrag weekly; seems to help.  I use ESET NOD32 Antivirus and it keep updating like it suppose to.

Any suggestions?

Help,

Robyn

0 Kudos
7 REPLIES 7
Highlighted
Level 9
4,472 4,401 257 821
Message 2 of 8
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Hello LuvGSPointers.  I understand you're trying to upgrade your BIOS.

What is the product number for your notebook?  This document can show you where it is located.  I would like to locate the current BIOS for your notebook and have you install it while bypassing HP Support Assistant to see if the issue persists.  I will also use the product number to ensure the correct BIOS is being suggested by HP Support Assistant.

Have a wonderful day!

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Please click the white star under my name to give me Kudos as a way to say "Thanks!"

Click the "Accept as Solution" button if I resolve your issue.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Author
Level 3
41 29 4 0
Message 3 of 8
Flag Post
HP Recommended

My product number is: XG874UA#ABA

0 Kudos
Level 9
4,472 4,401 257 821
Message 4 of 8
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Hello again LuvGSPointers.

It turns out that SP61028 is the latest BIOS for your notebook.  However, you should go ahead and try downloading it directly from HP's support site and installing it.  Here is a direct link.

I also suggest that you uninstall and reinstall HP Support Assistant.  Here is a link to the latest version of HP Support Assistant.  

Have a good day.  I'll keep an eye out for your next reply.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Please click the white star under my name to give me Kudos as a way to say "Thanks!"

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Author
Level 3
41 29 4 0
Message 5 of 8
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Thank You 🙂

This seemed to work.

Robyn

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Level 9
4,472 4,401 257 821
Message 6 of 8
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Hello again.

You are very welcome!  I am happy to hear that this resolved the issue.

If you ever need help in the future I suggest you pay these forums a visit.  They are a really good resource.  

Have a wonderful week!

Highlighted
1 1 0 0
Message 7 of 8
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Product number: QF460EA#ABV

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Author
Level 3
41 29 4 0
Message 8 of 8
Flag Post
HP Recommended

The comment posted on 04.17.14, has nothing to do with me or my tread from a year ago.  The product number listed is not connected to my model.  If the poster read the previous comments they would know that.  I do not understand the HP support forum team members request and what it has to do with my issue from a year ago.  

I do know I hit accept when I recieved my solution.  

0 Kudos
This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation