cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
Highlighted
2 0 0 0
Message 1 of 4
Flag Post
HP Recommended

HP Pavilion dv6000 Blue Screen

Hi,

I am using HP Pavilion dv6000 with vista OS. For the past one and half year it was working fine. Suddenly blue screen started to appear. I didn't install any drivers or software recently. I gave to service station and they told files would have got corrupted and they installed windows xp. Later I installed vista from my recovery CD after removing windows xp. Again I got blue screen. Later I installed windows 7 after removing vista. Even now i got the blue screen and the error message is

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Problem signature:
  Problem Event Name: BlueScreen
  OS Version: 6.1.7600.2.0.0.256.1
  Locale ID: 1033
Additional information about the problem:
  BCCode: 124
  BCP1: 00000000
  BCP2: 85742024
  BCP3: 00000000
  BCP4: 00000000
  OS Version: 6_1_7600
  Service Pack: 0_0
  Product: 256_1
Files that help describe the problem:
  C:\Windows\Minidump\020211-18486-01.dmp
  C:\Users\nivas\AppData\Local\Temp\WER-48313-0.sysdata.xml

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I did the memory test and hard disk test from BIOS as suggested in this forum and all the test was passed. Still Iam getting the blue screen. Please suggest what would be causing the issue.

Thanks & Regards,

Nivas D.

[Subject edited as new thread was created] - MrMatthew

0 Kudos
3 REPLIES 3
Highlighted
Level 13
10,921 10,842 773 4,456
Message 2 of 4
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Hi,
Go to:

C:\WINDOWS\Minidump

and compress all files from there into one file with 7zip(free) or WinRar.
Upload this file on any server (example: MediaFire) and in your next reply paste link to it.
This way we will try to find out what is causing this BSOD issue.

Resource:
How to compress and upload Minidump files.

** Say thanks by clicking the "Thumb up" icon below. **

** Make it easier for other people to find solutions, by marking my answer with "Accept as Solution" if it solves your issue. **
Highlighted
Level 1
7 7 0 0
Message 3 of 4
Flag Post
HP Recommended

run chkdisk utility

check for errors

and check for bad sectors.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Level 1
15 15 0 1
Message 4 of 4
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Hello!

Try this program:HD SENTINEL

You can download a free programe:hdsentinel.com

Regards,Albert

I am a notebook technician for 10 years
0 Kudos
This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation