Ask questions. Help others.
The HP Community is here for you.
Post new question
Question

Note on archived topics.
This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant.
If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here, or click on "Post new question" above and select the appropriate board.
Tutor
Message 1 of 3 (5,811 Views)

HP Pavilion dv7 1464nr -No sound after updates

Yesterday I started doing the updates suggested in Health Check.  One of them said I had to have UAA Bus Driver installed before I did the update (for the IDT High Def Audio CODEC), so I downloaded & installed that 1st.  After that was downloaded & installed I didn't have any sound whatsoever.  I'm not a complete novice, so I right clicked on the Sound Icon down on the system tray, chose "Playback Devices" and made the "Speakers & Dual Headphones" the default.  Everything seemed to be working fine.  A few minutes later, no sound again.  So, I did a System Restore Point back to before I did all the updates.

I've got other updates waiting in the Health Check & I'm scared now to let them download & install. 

Have you any thoughts on this?

Thanks in advance,

MaryEllen

0 Kudos
Provost
Message 2 of 3 (5,796 Views)

Re: HP Pavilion dv7 1464nr -No sound after updates

I never trust Health Check with downloading updates for my laptop. Go to your driver page and manually check for any new drivers/software:

http://h10025.www1.hp.com/ewfrf/wc/softwareList?os=2100&lc=en&dlc=en&cc=us&product=3998676&lang=en

**Click Accept as Solution on a Reply that solves your issue to help others**
******Clicking the Thumbs-Up button is a way to say -Thanks!.******
Tutor
Message 3 of 3 (5,717 Views)

Re: HP Pavilion dv7 1464nr -No sound after updates

Thanks so much for your reply, CherylG!  I've gotten the sound fixed but now have another problem....I downloaded & installed the IDT High-Definition Audio CODEC Driver .  As soon as that was done, I totally lost all sound again.  I went back a restore point a couple of days ago & have left it alone since then with no problems.

I keep getting messages :  "HP Digital Monitoring has stopped working" and "HP TV Monitor has stopped working".  I am scared to death to download & install anything else, as I'm afraid it'll stop something else from working!

I have a HP Pavilion dv7 1464nr which is running Windows VISTA 64 bit Service Pack 2.  I probably will never use the TV monitor or the BluRay DVD player, as we have a 52 inch LG plasma and a LG BluRay DVD player. 

I guess my question is, do I need to do these updates if I'm not going to utilize these things on the laptop?

Thanks for taking the time to answer me!

Have a wonderful weekend!

MaryEllen

aka SuthernCharm

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation